Meet the Student Outreach and Support Services Team
Connecting Cougars to Care
The Student Outreach and Support (SOS) services team is committed to the success and well-being of all students in our UH community. In collaboration with our campus, community, and healthcare partners, we work to help identify, educate, support, and refer students who may be experiencing complex personal difficulties such as a mental health-related crisis that may impact them academically, personally and/or socially.
What We Do
Through a comprehensive and collaborative approach, the SOS services team provides outreach and support to students on behalf of the Dean of Students and UH Care Team to communicate care and concern about our students’ mental health and well-being that may be helpful to them on their path to success and college completion.
SOS services for students can include but are not limited to:
- Meet to determine needs and services
- Communicate with and notify professors
- Assist in transition back to classes after a medical leave or acute care event
- Outreach to students who may need a connection to campus and community-based mental health-related support
- Develop Student Care Plans to help students identify, access, and maintain the necessary levels of specialized support
- Consult with students and their families on options and processes within academic and mental health care systems
- Advocate for students with campus and community-based offices