Cullen Performance Hall is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for all guests. Our staff will proactively support an environment free from the following behaviors:
- Abusive, foul or disruptive language and obscene gestures.
- Intoxication or other signs of impairment related to alcoholic consumption.
- The use or sale of illegal drugs.
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes, and the use of chewing tobacco.
- Throwing, fighting, taunting or threatening remarks or gestures.
- Sitting in a location other than the guest’s ticketed seat.
- Displays of affection not appropriate in a public setting.
- Obscene or indecent clothing.
- Prolonged standing in accessible seating areas, aisles, the front of the stage, or in sections when others are seated.
- Any disruptions to the progress of the event.
- Ticket scalping.
- Trespassing, soliciting, peddling and/or loitering.
- Any other actions deemed dangerous or inappropriate.
Continuing inappropriate behavior may result in the guest having his/her tickets revoked, being ejected from the facility or arrested by police. All season ticket holders are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their guests and/or persons using their tickets. Violators of the rules of any state or city laws will be refused admission, asked to leave or be ejected from the facility property. Guests are encouraged to report issues and concerns of conduct to a nearby event staff member or by calling Guest Services at 832-842-3121.
For safety reasons, guests are refused entry if they are in possession of prohibited items. Illegal items will be confiscated and turned over to the police. If a guest is found inside the arena with prohibited items, the items will be confiscated and the guest may be ejected from the facility. Ticketed guests will be sent an email prior to the event with any guidelines/restrictions.
The following items are not be permitted inside Cullen Performance Hall depending upon the event:
- Aerosol cans
- Animals/pets (except for service animals)
- Audio/video equipment
- Balloons and beach balls
- Cans, bottles, glass or other beverage containers
- Chains, studded bracelets, etc.
- Coolers or ice chests
- Electric Scooters (similar motorized vehicles)
- Illegal drugs
- Large bags or purses (see Clear Bag Policy)
- Laser pens and pointers
- Noisemaking devices (i.e. whistles, air horns)
- Outside food or beverage
- Professional photography equipment
- Selfie sticks or GoPros
- Banners, flags, or signage etc.
- Skateboards or rollerblades
- Smoking devices (i.e. Cigarettes, E-Cigarettes, Vapes, etc.)
- Un-approved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements, etc.
- Weapons (i.e. knives, pepper spray, tear gas, handcuffs, stun guns, etc.)
- Any other item deemed to be inappropriate or dangerous by Cullen Performance Hall management.
*This list is subject to change at the discretion of Cullen Performance Hall management and the event promoter. Ticketed guests will be sent an email prior to the event with any guidelines/restrictions.
Smoking / Tobacco
Smoking and the use of chewing tobacco is not permitted inside or outside Cullen Performance Hall. The University is a tobacco-free campus.
Campus Carry Policy
Campus carry law that was signed by Governor Abbott on June 13, 2015 allows persons with a state mandated concealed handgun license (CHL) to carry a concealed handgun in certain areas on campus so long as the area has not been designated by the University as an exclusion zone.
For more detailed information please refer to the campus carry policy.
Lost Children and Guests
Parents looking for a lost child should check with the nearest event staff member. For safety reasons, the Cullen Performance Hall is unable to make facility wide announcements for lost children and guests.
Lost and Found
Guests inquiring after an event about lost items should call 832-842-3121. Items lost at prior events are held in a locked storage area for 48 hours and are then disposed of or donated to an appropriate charitable organization. If an item falls within the UHPD lost and found policy, it will be transferred to UHPD. Cullen Performance Hall is not responsible for lost or damaged items.