Director of Developmental Neuropsychology Lab
Texas Center for Learning Disabilities
Texas Institute for Measurement, Evaluation and Statistics
Ph.D., University of Houston
Health 1, Room 480
Dr. Cirino will be reviewing graduate student applications for the 2021-2022 academic year. Application deadline is Dec 1, 2020. Please see Student Admissions, Outcomes, and Other Data for details.
- Developmental Neuropsychology
- Math and Reading Learning Difficulties and Disabilities
- Attention, Working Memory, and Executive Functions
- Measurement and Metholodology
- PSYC 7338: Cognitive Disorders and Lifespan Neuropsychology: II (graduate)
- PSYC 6356: Clinical Assessment I (graduate)
- PSYC 6357: Clinical Assessment II (graduate)
- PSYC 3301: Introduction to Psychological Statistics (undergraduate)
- PSYC 1300: Introduction to Psychology (undergraduate)
Selected Publications (past 3 years)
- Church, J.A., Cirino, P.T., Miciak, J., Juranek, J., & Fletcher, J.M. (2019). Cognitive, intervention, and neuroimaging perspectives on executive functions in children with reading disabilities. New Directions for Child and Adolescent Development, 165, 25-54.
- Cirino, P.T., Kulesz, P.A., *Child, A.E., *Ware, A.L., Barnes, M.A., Fletcher, J.M., & Dennis, M. (2019). The role of neurocognitive factors in academic fluency for children and adults with spina bifida myelomeningocele. Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, 25, 249-265.
- Cirino, P.T., Tolar, T.D., & Fuchs, L.S. (2019). Longitudinal algebra prediction for early versus later takers. Journal of Educational Research, 112(2), 179-191.
- Cirino, P.T., Miciak, J., Ahmed, Y., Barnes, Marcia A., Taylor, W.P., & *Gerst, E.H. (2019). Executive function: Association with multiple reading skills. Reading and Writing, 32, 1819-1846.
- *Child, A.E., Cirino, P.T., Fletcher, J.M., Willcutt, E.G., & Fuchs, L.S. (2019). A cognitive dimensional approach to understanding shared and unique contributions to reading, math, and attention skills. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 52(1), 15-30.
- Cirino, P.T., *Child, A.E., & *Macdonald, K. (2018). Longitudinal overlap of reading and math and their predictors. Contemporary Educational Psychology, 54, 99-111.
- Miciak, J., Cirino, P.T., Ahmed, Y., *Reid, E., & Vaughn, S. (2018). Executive functions and response to intervention: Identification of students struggling with reading comprehension. Learning Disability Quarterly, 42(1), 17-31.
- Cirino, P.T., Ahmed, Y., Miciak, J., Taylor, W.P., *Gerst, E.H., & Barnes, M.A. (2018). A framework for executive function in the late elementary years. Neuropsychology, 32(2), 176-189.
- Powell, S.R., Cirino, P.T., & Malone, A.S. (2017). Child-level predictors of responsiveness to evidence-based mathematics intervention. Exceptional Children, 83(4), 359-377.
- *Arrington, C.N., Kulesz, P.A., Juranek, J., Cirino, P.T., & Fletcher, J.M. (2017). White matter microstructure integrity in relation to reading proficiency. Brain and Language, 174, 103-111.
- Cirino, P.T., Miciak, J., *Gerst, E., Barnes, M.A., Vaughn, S., *Child, A., & *Huston-Warren, E. (2017). Executive function, self-regulated learning, and reading comprehension: A training study. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 50(4), 450-467.
- Cirino, P.T., & Willcutt, E.G. (2017). An introduction to the Special Issue: Contributions of executive functions to academic skill. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 50(4), 355-358.
- *Gerst, E., Cirino, P.T., Yoshida, H., & Fletcher, J.M. (2017). Cognitive and behavioral rating measures of executive function as predictors of academic outcomes in children. Child Neuropsychology, 23(4), 381-407.