FAQ - University of Houston
Skip to main content


What are the eligibility requirements to register with CCA?
Any Registered Student Organization in good standing with the University that identifies as cultural is eligible to register with CCA.

My organization is not registered with CCA. Can we still get support from CCA?
Yes, as long as the event has cultural elements, and is open and free to all UH students! We highly recommend registering your organization with CCA if your mission relates to culture.

Will CCA help to plan the event?
Yes, CCA can assist in the planning but the event will be led by the RSO officers. CCA aims to provide resources and assistance in the planning, marketing, and funding of the event. The execution of said plans will be done by the officers of the Registered Student Organization.

Can RSOs registered with CCA do any “non-cultural” events?
CCA is only able to support cultural events. You are welcome to host non-cultural events. However, please be aware that CCA will not provide financial assistance and support non-cultural events.

Examples of events that CCA cannot offer support for:

  • General meetings
  • Bake sales
  • Competitions

We cannot provide funding for gift cards/raffles in which a participant must pay to participate.

Do all events have to be open to the entire UH campus? Will CCA sponsor closed events?
Events sponsored by CCA must be free and open to UH student body.

How can CCA help in marketing?
We have lots of resources on campus to market events:

  • Creation Station – The officers of approved proposals (cultural or diversity-related events) will have an option to get designs for an event poster created by UH Creation Station! RSOs can request yard signs, posters, and other printed marketing materials to promote their event to the UH student body. Please note: These design and printing costs should be included in your CCA Event Proposal Form. Marketing design is to be submitted 9 weeks before the event and the printing deadline is 5 weeks prior to the event.
  • Digital Marketing – CCA can assist in putting up registered organization’s events on video walls around campus, including the Student Center video wall and Dining Services video walls to name a few!
  • Cultural - Related events can be promoted through CCA social media upon request (if approved).

What is considered a “cultural” event?
We at CCA believe a cultural event as one that brings about the understanding of peoples of different nations, races, ethnicities, languages, and other diverse experience, their arts, beliefs, customs, practices, values, and social behaviors, in an effort to breed a higher level of social interaction, respect, and compassion - where is this case, is to the University of Houston community.

What is co-sponsorship?
A co-sponsorship, submitted through an event proposal form on our Get Involved website, involves us in assisting in all aspects of the event, including, but not limited to, marketing, event proposal development, equipment rentals, and reimbursement(up to $2,000 per event) to help create and run the event.

What happens if our expenses exceed the budget we requested for our reimbursement
You will only receive a reimbursement for the money you requested, even if your expenses exceed the budget. EX: If you ask for a reimbursement of $100 and you end up spending $200, you will only get the $100 back.