Education and Training
The BTI Institute Education and Training effort is focused on enhancing the professional competencies of the current DHS workforce and educating the next generation of Homeland Security professionals. To this end, the Institute has undertaken the following Education and Training projects.
Education Overview Presentation
- Curriculum Development Project [ACTIVE]
The BTI Institute and the University of Houston College of Technology have developed the University of Houston Student Credit courses and Professional Development Certificate courses.
UH Courses: For information on the courses offered for currently enrolled University of Houston students.
Certificates: For information on the Professional Development certificate courses.
- Internships [ACTIVE]
- DHS Minority Serving Institutions Summer Research Teams [ACTIVE]
- DHS COE Summit student poster and grand challenge participation [ACTIVE]
- Security Technologies Kitchen [COMPLETE]
- Brown Bags 2018-2019 [COMPLETE]
- Distinguished Speakers Series [COMPLETE]
- Homeland Security Symposium Series [COMPLETE]