Welcome to the Division of Administration & Finance at the University of Houston and University of Houston System. The division is comprised of more than 1,100 employees within 8 business units reporting to the Senior Vice President for Administration and Finance.
As an integral foundation for services, the Mission of the Division of Administration & Finance is to provide a platform for nationally competitive and internationally recognized opportunities of learning, discovery and engagement for a diverse student population in a real-world setting by leading, supporting and enabling institutional effectiveness for the University of Houston and the University of Houston System.
Our Core Values are defined by high-performance teamwork, continuous improvement and sustainability. Integrity, accountability and the A&F S.P.I.R.I.T. of Service Excellence guide our daily operations and develop the framework for all that we do.
All employees of the University of Houston Division of Administration and Finance should demonstrate a commitment to:
- Support the University’s mission to offer nationally competitive and internationally recognized opportunity for learning, discovery and engagement to a diverse population of students in a real-world setting;
- Provide excellent customer service through teamwork, professionalism, enthusiasm, pride and service;
- Spearhead a culture of safety and security for all members of the University family;
- Represent Administration and Finance in a positive light by treating students, faculty and fellow staff members with dignity and respect;
- Continuously improve our processes and services in an efficient and effective manner;
- Commit to developing employee talent and an engaged workforce;
- Pledge to socially, environmentally and fiscally sustainable practices;
- Support a community that fosters a spirit of caring and compassion;
- Conduct our duties with a commitment to service, integrity, accountability and dignity.
Committed to the S.P.I.R.I.T. of Service Excellence
The Office of Administration is committed to the S.P.I.R.I.T. of Service Excellence for UH Faculty, Staff and Students through a robust strategic planning and capital improvement planning process within an exemplary portfolio of on-campus services ranging across third-party dining, parking, shuttle and bookstore operations among the program areas of Auxiliary and University Services, as well as system master planning through the UH System-wide Public Art Committee, an advisory committee to the UH System Board of Regents, and fundamental initiatives of best practices in sustainability, assessment and evaluation.
Supported by a dedicated team of more than 100 full-time and student employees and 700-plus contractors, the Office of Administration provides a foundational infrastructure of services for the campus community and also cultivates ongoing growth and proactive master planning of fundamental UH initiatives in collaboration with campus community partners in support of the UH Mission and transformation as an innovative pacesetter for future success.
As a guiding framework for what we do, A&F S.P.I.R.I.T. comprises a commitment to the following:
Progressive Culture of Sustainability;
Innovation and Technology;
Retention and Engagement Practices that Support Employee Development;
Impactful and Data-Driven Goals; and
Transparency, Diversity, and Inclusion in our Departments and Programs.