Skip to main content

University of Houston : Student Affairs

Student Affairs is a broad component of the University of Houston that supports a variety of student needs. Complaints regarding student services should be addressed to the Office of the Dean of Students, which can be contacted at the following address:

Office of the Dean of Students
Attn: Donell L. Young J.D.
Student Center South, Room 256
University of Houston
Houston, Texas 77204-3035

Typically, the specific unit where a problem occurs will provide the fastest resolution, and the Office of the Dean of Students may direct complaints to specific departments within the Division of Student Affairs (DSA) to resolve the problem expeditiously. Complainants are also invited to contact these units directly if they know to whom their complaints should be addressed. Contact information for these units may be found on the DSA website. In addition, Specific departments in DSA can be contacted by telephone as follows:

A.D. Bruce Religion Center 713-743-5050
Campus Recreation 713-743-8041
Center for Fraternity and Sorority Life 832-842-4955
Center for Student Involvement 832-842-6245
Center for Student Media 713-743-5350
Justin Dart, Jr. Student Accessibility Center 713-743-5400
Children’s Learning Centers 832-842-0510
Cougars in Recovery 713-743-5862
Counseling and Psychological Services 713-743-5454
Student Health Center 713-743-5151
Student Centers 832-842-6260
Student Housing and Residential Life 713-743-6000
University Career Services 713-743-5100
Urban Experience Program 713-743-6032
Veteran Services 832-842-5490
Wellness Center 713-743-5430