In efforts to expand study space options for students, the Student Center has 4 available study rooms located on the second floor of the Student Center South building. The rooms are equipped with wireless connectivity, dry-erase boards, and seat up to 10 students at a time. Reservations are free and can be completed by appearing in-person at the Student Center Information Center.
Study Room Check Out
- Students currently enrolled at the UH main campus may check out study rooms on a first come, first serve basis through the Student Centers Information Center. To ensure the use of a study room, a reservation should be completed.
- Study rooms require a minimum of (3) and maximum of (10) students. At least (3) students in a group must be present at the Student Centers Information Center to check out a key for a reserved room. One student group leader must present and leave a UH Cougar Card ID to check out a key.
- Students who have not arrived to check out a room within 15 minutes of a scheduled check out time will have their check out cancelled.
- The maximum block of time students may check out a study room for is three hours. Check out renewals are allowed after a 30 minute break period if a room is not checked out by another group of students.
Study Room Usage Policies
- Study rooms exist to support academic study, research, and positive group collaborations. Inappropriate conduct such as excessive noise, sleeping, sexual acts, fighting, or writing objectionable, vulgar, or obscene language on tables, chairs or walls is not permitted. The Student Centers reserves the right to eject users from rooms based on inappropriate conduct, limit future study room use, and/or submit policy violations for review through applicable University channels and processes.
- Talking is permitted in study rooms, as they are intended for group collaboration, but please be respectful of users who are studying in adjacent rooms/lounge areas.
- Any damage should be reported immediately to the Student Centers Information Center. Unreported damage will be treated as an act of vandalism and reported to Student Centers’ Staff for appropriate follow-up.
- Room windows may not be covered or blocked at any time. Student Centers’ Staff require visible access to all spaces to help ensure the safety of all facility users.
- All rooms come with chairs, a writing surface and electrical outlets. Wireless access is available throughout the entire Student Center.
- As a courtesy to other students, please do not remove furniture from the study rooms or move lounge furniture such as tables, chairs and couches into the study rooms. Food and beverages in closed containers only are allowed. Please clean up after yourself and report accidents to the Information Desk at 832-842-6256.
- By using a study room, students assume responsibility for the conduct of group members and the condition of the room. Students who ignore or break policies for the use of the study rooms will be banned from the use of these rooms for a month.
Study Room Usage Policies were created and approved by the 2014-2015 Student Centers Policy Board.