University Commencement Ceremony
College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
Fall 2019 – December 13
Date: Friday, December 13
Time: 2–4:30 p.m.
Location: Fertitta Center, 3422 Cullen Blvd
The University Commencement Ceremony for the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics will include all Fall 2019 bachelor’s, master’s and Ph.D. degree candidates and all Summer 2019 graduates from the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics. Families and friends are encouraged to attend. Tickets are not required for guests attending Commencement.
Fertitta Center, Clear Bag Policy
Fertitta Center enforces a clear bag policy to ensure safety for guests. Items such as backpacks, purses and diaper bags are not permitted, and guests are strongly encouraged to not bring any bags to the facility.
The following items will be allowed inside Fertitta Center events:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12 inches x 6 inches x 12 inches
- 1-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc or similar)
- A small clutch purse no larger than 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches, with or without a handle or strap (These small clutches remain subject to search)
Information for Graduation Candidates
At University Commencement for NSM, all graduation candidates will be individually recognized and will walk across the platform when their names are called.
Cap and Gown
Graduation candidates will wear regalia (cap and gown) at Commencement.
Regalia can be ordered online through October 18. After that time, regalia can be purchased or rented at the UH bookstore.
Arrival Time University Commencement for NSM – Graduation Candidates
Students must arrive at 12:30 p.m. at Fertitta Center. Students will need to follow the guidelines provided in the Fertitta Center clear bag policy of Fertitta Center.
Only Graduation Candidates will be allowed in the doors for line up. More detailed information will be available in late November.
Information for Guests
Arrival Time University Commencement for NSM – Guests
Doors to Fertitta Center will open at 1 p.m., one hour prior to the start of Commencement. Guests will need to follow the guidelines provided in the clear bag policy of Fertitta Center.
Tickets are not required for admission to Commencement. However, seating is first come, first served.
Parking – Students and Guests
Information will be posted in November.
Students or Guests with Special Needs
Please contact Tristan Sims at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than two weeks prior to Commencement to plan how we can best accommodate your needs on this exciting day.
Guests with Mobility Needs
- Special seating is available, but limited. Please plan to arrive early.
- For guests with mobility impairments, the doors will open at 12:30 p.m., 30 minutes earlier than the scheduled time, so you can be comfortably seated.
- In order to accommodate as many mobility-impaired guests as possible, there will be a strict limit of one guest accompanying the mobility-impaired guest in the reserved seating area. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause your group.