The Web Services group provides a variety of web publishing and web server support to University of Houston students, faculty and staff.
- Content Management System (CMS) - A server system dedicated to the development, staging, and production of the University of Houston website as well as participating colleges and departments.
- Streaming Services - Live, HD video capabilities for special events and classroom lectures.
- Web Accounts - Web server accounts available to students, staff, faculty, and other UH-related personnel.
- Administrative accounts function to provide information about campus administrative and academic units and official organizations.
- Individual accounts serve the purposes of providing space for faculty and staff members to publish information they develop and to develop and maintain their web skills.
- Instructional accounts serve the purposes of course instruction at the University of Houston.
- In special circumstances, for example to promote an event or conference, Special Accounts will be allowed on the UH Central server. Consult the System Administrator with your request. See also Standards for Special Accounts.
- URL Requests - Custom subdomains and short-URLs are available on a first-come-first-serve basis and are subject to UH Branding approval.
- Web Analytics - University of Houston uses Google Analytics to extract server porformance, reliablility, and viewer interaction with uh.edu.