Policies & Guidelines
Information Technology policies are published as University of Houston System Administrative Memorandum (SAMs) and Manual of Administrative Policies and Procedures (MAPPs). All current IT SAMs and MAPPs are listed below. Visit the University of Houston Policies and Procedures site to view all policies currently in effect for the System and for the University of Houston.
- 07.A.03 - Notification of System Guidelines
- 07.A.04 - Digital Millenium Copyright Act
- 07.A.05 - Federal Communications Commission
- 10.03.01 - Acceptable Use of Information Resources
- 10.03.04 - Connecting Devices to University Networks
- 10.03.05 - Responsibilities for Use of Telecommunications Resources
- 10.03.06 - College/Division Responsibilities for Information Technology Resources
- 10.03.07 - E-mail Retention and Discovery
- 10.05.01 - Information Security Program
- 10.05.02 - Information Security Incident Reporting and Investigation
- 10.05.03 - Data Classification and Protection
UIT has published Central web server policies to provide information to users on the following: Account policies, Graphics standards, Registering the site to UH web page, Administrative policies for UH Web server and URL Policies.