Guaranteed Free Tuition for Students with Family Income up to $45,000
The University of Houston will guarantee free tuition and mandatory fees to new in-state freshmen with family incomes at or below $45,000. The Cougar Promise is the University of Houston's promise to low-income families that college is accessible to their children and that financial aid will be available to them.
To be eligible for Cougar Promise, you must be:
- A new entering freshman for Fall 2014
- A Texas resident for tuition purposes
- A high school graduate who has earned a recommended or distinguished diploma
- A member of a family whose adjusted gross income does not exceed $45,000
- Eligible to receive Federal Pell Grant and must submit all financial aid forms with supporting documents by March 15, 2014
- Enrolled as a full-time student at the University of Houston, maintaining at least 30 credit hours within a 12-month period.
The Cougar Promise will provide tuition and fees to qualifying students for up to four years as long as students continue to meet eligibility criteria and maintain at least a 2.5 GPA. The Cougar Promise covers tuition and fees during the fall and spring semesters only.
Eligibility is determined when a student fills out the FAFSA. Those who miss the March 15 deadline will be awarded based on the availability of funds.