Parking for Student Graduates and Guests:
You may obtain campus maps for your guests in two different ways. “Hard copy” maps are available in the Parking and Transportation Office in Room 1 of Ezekiel Cullen Building. You will also find maps on-line:
University of Houston Online Maps for College of Education Convocation and UH Commencement
Special Needs Parking for the UH Basketball Facility (Formerly Hofheinz Pavilion) (College of Education Convocation)
Special Needs Parking will be directly in front of the UH Basketball Facility (Formerly Hofheinz Pavilion) (see Graduation Parking Map). Cars must have handicap plates or window tags. There will be parking lot attendants to assist with any guests with special needs.
Guests with Special Needs for the UH Basketball Facility (Formerly Hofheinz Pavilion)
- Volunteers will be assigned to help guests with special needs get into and out of the UH Basketball Facility (Formerly Hofheinz Pavilion).
- Special seating in the suites on the main concourse will be available for guests in wheelchairs or using walkers and anyone who cannot navigate the stairs.
- One escort will be permitted to accompany the guest in the suite.
- Sign language interpretation will be provided during the ceremony.
- Students who have disabilities can request reasonable accommodations through the Convocation Coordinator.
- Please give 14 business days prior notice to arrange accommodations
The College of Education is very proud of the accomplishments of each and every student, so we want the ceremony to be a pleasant experience for everyone. This time-honored ritual includes traditional academic regalia and requires proper decorum. We ask the audience to respect the rights and feelings of other participants and guests by remaining in their seats until all of the graduates have been recognized and the ceremony has concluded. In consideration of the speakers, pagers and cell phones should be turned off or to silent mode during the ceremony. Families should not allow children to run up and down the aisles once the ceremony starts, and crying babies should be taken out to the front lobby area where they will not disturb the graduates and their guests. Babysitting will not be provided.
For Your Safety
Although the University of Houston does not anticipate any security problems during the ceromonies, we will be taking special measures to ensure the safety of everyone who attends.
The following items are prohibited on campus:
- Illegal drugs/paraphernalia
- Weapons of any kind including firearms and knives
- Animals except for registered guide dogs
The following items will not be allowed at the venue:
- Air horns
Security will be screening for these items at the venue. Smoking is not permitted inside the UH Basketball Facility (Formerly Hofheinz Pavilion). These policies are subject to change without notice.