The Office of Technology Transfer and Innovation (OTTI) manages patents, copyrights and trademarks, and works with faculty and the Intellectual Property Committee to file patents for inventions. The office also acts as the industry's gateway to innovation at the University of Houston, uniting UH with start-ups, midsize companies, large corporations and non-profit organizations to bring university discoveries to the marketplace. OTTI oversees the IP Committee, Technology GAP Fund and the UH Technology Bridge.
The Office of Technology Transfer and Innovation:
- Manages patents, copyrights and trademarks
- Works with faculty and the IP Committee to file patents for inventions
- Fosters research and scholarship through the effective transfer of University-wide technology to industry
- Leases office space and lab facilities in the UH Innovation Center & Labs
The IP Process for Inventors
Contact Technology Commercialization to discuss patenting, trademarking or licensing of technologies or inventions. A disclosure form (DOC) should be submitted to Technology Commercialization at least three months prior to disclosure via publication, grant application, presentation, or other medium.
To submit a disclosure for evaluation, please complete the following steps.
- Please download the Invention Disclosure Form.
- Complete the form in full and have the form signed by all inventors.
- Email the form to the Office of Technology Transfer and Innovation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An OTTI staff member will contact you. Please allow up to 30 days for disclosure evaluation.
Meet the Team
Program Manager, OTTI Operations
Technology Commercialization & Intellectual Property
Director, Technology Commercialization
Assistant Director, Technology Commercialization
Nelson Hawkins, Jr.
Program Manager, IP Operations