Skip to main content

Who to Contact

I'm a Future Student   I'm a Recently Admitted Student    I'm a Current Student    I'm a Former UH Student

For Future UH Students:

High School | Community College | 4-Yr College or University | Military Veteran | Adult Learner

I’m a high school student and I plan to go to community college before transferring to UH, is it too early to be advised?

It is never too early to get important information about how to transfer to UH. Start by scheduling an advising session with a Transfer Advisor. The advising session will give you a greater understanding on what courses will transfer, which order to take them in, and what courses to prioritize towards your desired major.  Early advising helps improve transfer outcomes.

I’m currently attending a community college, and want to know what courses will transfer?

UH has created Transfer Equivalency Guides by Major for students who plan to take transferrable courses from community college. However, please contact a Transfer Advisor to understand major requirements, what courses will transfer, which courses to prioritize, and learn about any additional requirements needed to successfully transfer to your desired major.

I’m currently attending a 4-year college or university, and want to know what credits will be accepted?

Please refer to our Transfer of College Credits section of our Undergraduate Catalog. If you need further clarification, please contact a Transfer Advisor.

I’m a Military Veteran and would like to use my GI Bill, what should I major in?

UH Veteran Services office can help equate your military training into college credit hours. Also, please contact a Transfer Advisor to develop an academic plan to place you in your desired or best-fit major.

I’m an Adult Learner who took time away from school, how do I finish my Bachelor’s degree?

If you have been away from learning in more than 5 years, you may qualify for our Adult Admission Option Program. Please contact a Transfer Advisor to see if it’s the right option for you.

For Recently Admitted Students

What’s my next step after being admitted?

Orientation must be completed BEFORE you are able to register for courses. Please sign-up for Orientation also known as New Student Orientation Conference. The earliest opportunity to meet your Major Advisor is during New Student Conference (no earlier.) Your major advisor will go over your degree plan in detail and will recommend courses to take in sequence. You will register for courses the same day. Please see this page for more info on the next steps for newly admitted students.

I’m accepted, but not into the major I want.

Wait to attend orientation until you speak to an advisor. Attending orientation confirms that you want the major (and you may be “stuck” in the major for at least a semester or more before you are eligible for change of major). Please contact a Transfer Advisor for your desired major. The Transfer Advisor will help you strategize an academic plan towards your academic goals.  

For Current UH Students

I’m a currently attending UH, but I still need to get credit for courses I’ve already transferred.

Please contact your department or major advisor on instruction on how to get credit.

I’m a current UH student who also wants to take courses at a community college.

Before taking courses at community college, please contact your department or major advisor to see if it’s permitted. Why? Your major advisor is the best resource to determine if you are violating any degree policies and rules that could delay your graduation (e.g. If you maxed transfer credits and courses no longer transfer. If you are violating University Residency rules for graduation.)

I’m currently at UH, but I want to know what courses transfer to another school.

Please contact the receiving college or university on how to transfer credits. The receiving school has the final say on what courses will be accepted.

For Former UH Students

Former students are students who have returned with an interruption of more than 13 months. Read the Admission’s information on how to re-apply. You may also want to contact your desired major or degree advisor. Be sure to include your UH ID number. If you don’t remember your UH ID, then retrieve your ID here.