Skip to main content

Requesting Driver Approval

All persons driving vehicles for University business must be approved by the Risk Management department prior to driving. This is including but not limited to:

  • University owned autos
  • Leased vehicles
  • Golf carts
  • Rented/hired vehicles (if using in University business)

All drivers must have a valid Texas driver’s license. Unless the driver is approved by Risk Management, they cannot drive any University vehicle, including golf carts, nor should they drive a rental vehicle on University business.

Please refer to SAM 01C13 for details regarding motor vehicle records evaluation.

To have a new driver reviewed for approval, submit the MVR Request Form to Risk Management either via fax or in person.