Skip to main content

Drone Insurance

Drones pose a certain amount of risk to the University. If a department purchases a drone (or Unmanned Aerial Vehicle - UAV) for business purposes, the department purchasing the drone should contact Risk Management to discuss insurance.

Coverages Available


  • Coverage for claims from third parties that arise out of the ownership, maintenance, or use of scheduled drones

Physical Damage

  • Coverage for damage to drones that are specifically scheduled to include this coverage. A deductible may apply.