COVID-19 News and Updates
To better protect students, faculty and staff from COVID-19, ISSSO staff will continue to work remotely to assist you, by telephone and email during the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. We do not accept walk-ins without being pre-arranged. Please email your documents and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit documents under 5mb if possible. It is best to use a phone app such as Cam Scanner to submit documents in PDF format and indicate your UH ID in the subject line. Use email:
- For any questions
- To submit all applications
- CPT/RCL/STEM OPT extension and other applications
- OPT applications after attending the virtual OPT workshop
- Please indicate your UH ID in email subject line
- ISSSO staff will follow up with your inquiries with instructions
- You can schedule an appointment with an advisor online, but all appointments will be remote. The advisor will contact you in advance with instructions.
To request a re-print I-20/DS-2019 with the travel endorsement, please email email@example.com a USPS or any carrier you choose, a pre-addressed and pre-paid mailing label including your UH ID number and the document you are inquiring about.
If you have an urgent matter needing to see an ISSSO staff, please call or email us to make the arrangement.
- UH Guidelines from International Travel
- Frequently Asked Question for SEVP Stakeholders for Fall 2020 (August 7, 2020)
Global Citizens Credential
The Global Citizens Credential (GCC) allows students to enhance their degrees with a set of core competencies that will distinguish them as global citizens. These are identified as global knowledge, global engagement, and global responsibility. Completion of GCC requirements is certified by the Office of the Provost – UH Global and the Office of the Registrar. The GCC is open to any UH undergraduate student who is not facing any disciplinary action and is in good academic standing as reflected by a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or above. For more information about the program and how to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the UH Global website.