The University of Houston System Tuesday announced the members of a search committee charged with finding the next president of the University of Houston-Victoria.
Renu Khator, chancellor of the UH System, said the goal is to have a new president on campus for the fall 2018 semester.
The search committee will be chaired by Roger Welder, a UH System regent, and Dona Cornell, vice chancellor of legal affairs and general counsel for the system.
President Vic Morgan announced his retirement and departure from UHV this spring after taking the reigns as interim president in 2014. Morgan served on a year-to-year contract, extended three times during his tenure.
He will remain in office until fall 2018.
In announcing the membership of the search committee, which includes representatives from the UHV student body, faculty and staff, as well as the Victoria community, Khator said the committee is charged with developing a strong and diverse pool of candidates, inviting finalists for campus interviews and providing an assessment of each finalist.
Committee members include:
- Alvaro De La Cruz, president of the UHV Student Government Association
- Estella De Los Santos, professor of mathematics education in the UHV School of Education, Health Professions and Human Development
- Claud Jacobs, partner at Lodestone Financial Services
- Janey Lack, executive and community leader
- Fred Litton, dean of the UHV School of Education, Health Professions and Human Development
- Diana Lopez, associate professor of creative writing in the UHV School of Arts & Sciences
- Camilla Sutton, assistant director of residential life at UHV and president of the Staff Council
- Raymond Tucker, assistant professor of kinesiology in the UHV School of Education, Health Professions and Human Development
- Joseph Ben Ur, professor of business in the UHV School of Business Administration and president of the Faculty Senate
- Valerie Walden, comptroller, UHV Department of Finance
- Yu Wan, professor of Computer Information Systems in the UHV School of Arts & Sciences
- Jie Yang, professor of quantitative management science in the UHV School of Business Administration
About the University of Houston System
The University of Houston System is a comprehensive system of higher education institutions with a global reach that serves to further the intellectual capital and economic strength of the Gulf Coast region. The UH System includes the University of Houston, a nationally recognized Tier One public research university; the University of Houston-Downtown, a four-year undergraduate university expanding into graduate programs; the University of Houston-Victoria, a four-year university with undergraduate and master’s level degree programs; and the University of Houston- Clear Lake, a four-year university with undergraduate and graduate programs. The system also has several teaching sites, including UHCL Pearland Campus, UHD Northwest, UH Katy, UH Sugar Land and UHV Katy. In addition, the System owns and operates Houston Public Media (HPM), which comprises KUHF-FM, Houston’s National Public Radio station, and KUHT-TV, the nation’s first educational television station. To learn more about the UH System, click here.