The University of Houston Cougar Choir Camp is open to all students entering grades 9, 10, 11 or 12 at a Texas high school. The primary focus of the camp is preparation for upcoming All-State choir auditions, although other educational opportunities will be provided, including voice masterclasses, conducting classes, sight-reading instruction and acting basics. Students will receive expert instruction from Dr. Betsy Cook Weber, Director of Choral Studies; Dr. Jeb Mueller, Associate Director of Choral Studies; UH voice faculty; and outstanding high school choral directors with decades of experience. The camp culminates with a required student concert that celebrates the week’s learning. Students of all ability levels will find appropriate challenges within a positive and nurturing environment.
- Parents and guardians are responsible for all information included in the Camp Handbook. Please read it carefully and contact the camp office if you have any questions.
- Download Camp Handbook
2018 REGISTRATION FEES
Residential Campers: $375
Includes tuition, on-campus dormitory housing, all meals, social activities, t-shirt, All-State Choir music packet and Saturday BBQ lunch ticket.
Day Campers: $260
Includes tuition, lunches, t-shirt, All-State Choir music packet and Saturday BBQ lunch ticket.
2017 or 2018 All-State Choir member discount: $175
- Credit Card: VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express accepted
- Check: Make payable to University of Houston. Mail to Cougar Choir Camp, 3333 Cullen Blvd, Room 120 Houston, TX 77204-4017
CANCELATION AND REFUND POLICY
- Prior to July 1: Registrants will be refunded all payments, minus the $100 deposit.
- After July 1: No refunds will be provided due to expenses that cannot be recouped.
SMALL SCHOOL MUSIC
- Only a few students asked to work on the small school repertoire over the years. Therefore, CCC will not address that music during camp. There’s great value in learning the rest of the all-state choir music packet, however, because there are several pieces which overlap both audition tracks.
HOUSING & MEALS
- Residential campers stay in Cougar Village, a state-of-the-art dormitory that opened in 2012. Students have one roommate and share a bathroom with three other campers. Counselors stay on the same floor as their assigned campers.
- Residential campers are provided three meals a day at Moody Towers, a 33,000 square foot facility with delicious, nutritionally appropriate portion sizes. Professional chefs cook fresh, non-frozen food at nine all-you-can-eat stations. All dietary options are available, including vegetarian and gluten-free.
- Day Camper will be provided lunch each day.
- All campers will be provided with a BBQ lunch ticket following the final concert.
- Instagram & Twitter: UHoustonChoirs
- Share your pictures and excitement for camp!
DIRECTIONS & MAP
Moores School of MusicGoogle Map
From Interstate 45: Exit Cullen Blvd. Follow signs to University of Houston. Moores School of Music is located at Entrance 16, one block past Elgin Street on the left. Parking is located directly across from the Moores School of Music.
Cougar Village DormitoryGoogle Map
From Interstate 45: Exit Cullen Blvd. Follow signs to University of Houston. Turn left onto Wheeler Avenue, and Cougar Village is located approximately two blocks down on the left.
CONTACT INFORMATION3333 Cullen Blvd, Room 120,
Houston, TX 77204-4017