How to Apply for Work-Study
- First, apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You will be notified of your award via e-mail.
- Accept or decline your financial aid award(s) online at myUH (PeopleSoft).
- Search and apply for work-study job postings on Cougar Pathways. You MUST be a fully admitted and enrolled degree-seeking student to use the UCS Cougar Pathways for Federal Work-Study Program positions.
- If you're a new hire, make sure that you have been offered a work-study position and have verbally accepted the position with the employer.
- If you're a returning work-study student, your employer MUST post the position online, AND you MUST reapply to be formally rehired for the position.
- Get employment authorization:
- Obtain a Hiring Confirmation Form from your employer.
- Submit the Hiring Confirmation Form to UCS, and get your authorization form for hire or rehire.
- Complete your authorization paperwork at UCS. Please click here to view their walk-in hours. For more information, contact UCS at 713-743-5100 or visit uh.edu/ucs.