The Faculty Senate is a university-level shared governace group composed of 134 elected full-time tenured and non-tenure track faculty members. Faculty senators along with administration work collectively to achieve a common vision of excellence for the University.
The Senate has eight standing committees:
- Executive Committee (EC)
- Budget & Facilities Committee (BFC)
- Community & Government Relations Committee (CGRC)
- Faculty Affairs Committee (FAC)
- Faculty Governance Committee (FGC)
- Graduate & Professional Studies Committee (GPSC)
- Research & Scholarship Committee (RSC)
- Undergraduate Committee (UC)
The work of these Senate committees ensures that university policies, curriculum, research, and academic freedom improve the quality of campus life, the surrounding community and the national academic reputation of the institution. Faculty Senate meetings are open to the public and are scheduled from 12:15 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. (please see the "Events" page of this website for more details).
Faculty members who have questions may contact a senator from their college at firstname.lastname@example.org.