Led by Assistant Vice Chancellor Nick Merry, the Facilities Construction team provides valuable construction management services for capital projects and renovations:
- Managing projects > $1M from program validation to final completion and turnover to Facilities Services for operations.
- Validating project programs with the University Clients in regards to budget available and project scope.
- Selecting and managing Architects and Engineer firms while working with them to develop the project designs.
- Selecting and managing construction contractors to build, renovate and repair our facilities.
- As a UH System department, they manage projects from all four component universities:
- University of Houston Downtown
- University of Houston Clearlake, including Pearland site
- University of Houston Victoria, including Katy site
- University of Houston, including the Sugarland and Katy Sites