Spaces and Places
There are a lot of great places around campus where you can relax, study and grab other students for some help on your homework. Most of the colleges also have their own study areas within their individual buildings - go explore!
Here are some places commuter students have mentioned they like to go to:
- PGH Breezeway
- Agnes Arnold third floor balcony lounge area
- Technology School, 1st floor lounge in annex building
- Art History/Art lounge for their students
- Outside the Technology Building, shaded round tables that can be used by all students
- Communication building atrium area
- UC Satellite has a large areas for students to relax including a billiards area, TVs, and two lounges areas with comfortable chairs and tables
- Leisure benches located between Fleming, Farish, McElhinney, and Heyne buildings
- The Fountains, located in front of E. Cullen, offer students a nice scenic leisure area
- Lynn Eusan Park
The UH campus has numerous dining options to choose from including dining halls, fast-food venues, and sit-down restaurants. See a list of all campus dining options.
While all locations take cash, you may also be interested in signing up for a commuter meal plan on campus. For additional information regarding these meal plans contact UH Dining at 832-842-5989 or email@example.com
Our M.D. Anderson Library offers many types of study areas for students, including group-study rooms and silent study areas.
There are multiple computer labs available for students located throughout campus. Below is a list of computer labs available to ALL students.
- Department of Biology and Biochemistry
Located in room 402 Houston Science Center, this lab is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information call 713-743-9976 or 713-743-0953.
- Department of Chemistry
Located in room 36 Fleming, this lab is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information call 713-743-0217.
- Genetics and Biology Computing Lab
Located in room 104 Science Building, this lab is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. when it is not being used for a class. For more information call 713-743-9976 or 713-743-0953.
- Learning Support Services
Located in room N109 Cougar Village, this lab is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information call 713-743-5411.
- M.D. Anderson Library Computer Center
Located on the first floor of the M.D. Anderson Library, users may call 713-743-1050 for information on library hours. Some consulting help is available. This research facility offers searchable databases for scholarly information, as well as other software packages. For more information call 713-743-9775