Student Health Insurance Plan
To satisfy the UHS policy on maintaining acceptable health insurance coverage, each semester all LCC students in F and J statuses will be automatically enrolled in and charged for the UHS Student Health Insurance Plan. The Plan is underwritten by UnitedHealthcare and administered by Academic HealthPlans (AHP).
Health Insurance Account and ID Card
To obtain your health insurance ID card, visit LCC.myahpcare.com and click Create a UHC Account. You will be asked to enter the following information:
- First Name: enter first name as shown on your Cougar Card.
- Last Name: enter last name as shown on your Cougar Card.
- Date of Birth: your date of birth in the mm/dd/yyyy format.
- Email: leave empty.
- SR ID#: leave empty.
- School ID#: enter your seven-digit student ID.
Once logged in, you may get your health insurance ID card, find doctors, view claims and learn about coverage. For fast access to your ID card in the future, download the UHC StudentResources (UHCSR) mobile app. The app is only available in the U.S. Apple Store and Google Play.
If you need help with locating your health insurance ID card, contact UnitedHealthcare StudentResources at 1-800-767-0700, Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. (U.S. Central Time). Free language translation service is available.
Decline Student Health Insurance Plan
If you wish to decline the Plan, you must meet all the conditions below:
- You must have coverage by a group health insurance plan provided by the U.S. government, by the government of your home country that is recognized by the U.S., or by a certain international government-sponsored or non-governmental organization. Your sponsor has to provide a plan equivalent to the Plan or a letter guaranteeing payment of all health care expenses. Alternatively, you must have an employer-sponsored group health insurance plan that is equivalent to the Plan.
- Your alternate health insurance plan must meet or exceed all requirements at LCC.myahpcare.com/waiver.
- You must request a waiver and submit proof of acceptable alternate health insurance coverage at LCC.myahpcare.com/waiver by the waiver deadline.
Frequently Asked Questions
I am not an international student in F or J status. Am I covered by the Student Health Insurance Plan?
No. Domestic students, including U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents, as well as international students in non-F and non-J statuses will not be enrolled in or charged for the Plan. To opt in the Plan, you must enroll at LCC.myahpcare.com/enrollment during the open enrollment period and pay the premium directly to AHP. You may also add your spouse or children during the enrollment process.
May I add my spouse and children to the Student Health Insurance Plan?
Yes. LCC students in F and J statuses must complete the International Student Dependent Enrollment Form available at LCC.myahpcare.com/enrollment, fax or mail the form to AHP, and pay the premium directly to AHP during the open enrollment period. Domestic students as well as international students in non-F and non-J statuses may enroll in the Plan online at LCC.myahpcare.com/enrollment during the open enrollment period.
Does the Student Health Insurance Plan provide me with dental coverage?
Does the Student Health Insurance Plan pay all expenses?
No. Even with health insurance coverage, you will be responsible for the deductible, the co-payment, and the co-insurance, if any. The higher the medical bill, the more you will have to pay out of your own pocket. For example, visiting a doctor for a sore throat will cost you $94 on average at an Urgent Care Center and $525 on average at an Emergency Room. It is important to visit the appropriate type of facility.