Cougars in Recovery (CIR) provides students in recovery from addiction a safe and sober environment which assists and supports them as they pursue their academic and professional goals, walk the path of recovery, and participate in the diverse social opportunities available on campus.
Through learning, engagement and discovery, Cougars in Recovery creates an environment in which student success can be ensured. Cougars in Recovery does this by providing students in recovery from substance use and co-occurring disorders the complete college experience minus drugs and alcohol.
CIR weekly Community Check-In (peer-to-peer process group) gives students a safe space to share their struggles and accomplishments with one another and receive supportive feedback. Community members have the opportunity to engage in annual collegiate recovery conferences to collaborate with students in recovery around the country while enriching their own recovery. Additionally, an Outdoor Adventure Learning Experience is offered in both the fall and spring semesters. A group of students and staff travel to National or State parks to camp and hike while incorporating leadership development, team building, and recovery meetings into the trip.
- Empower our students to have quality, lasting RECOVERY through the Collegiate Recovery Community
- Enrich the lives of our students through SERVICE work within the university, local, state, and national levels
- Nurture and encourage our students as they walk through their SPIRITUAL journey of Recovery
- Provide a safe and supportive environment for our students to excel in their ACADEMIC process
- Create a sense of COMMUNITY among students that will last a life time