What you can expect as a member of the Cougars in Recovery Theme Community:
- Students must be accepted into the Cougars in Recovery program through an application and interview process. Students interested in joining the community are asked to complete the application, a two page narrative and, if possible, attend a face to face interview with CIR staff.
- CIR is an abstinence based recovery community. In order for students to maintain their membership to the community they are asked to abstain from all substances and harmful behaviors.
- CIR community members are required to attend one Community Check-In meeting each week during the fall and spring semesters.
- Students are encouraged to hold other members of the community accountable to the standards established for the community.
- Students that are interested in joining the community with less than 90 days of recovery are asked to sign a Recovery Protection Plan. After they have reached the 90 day mark they will become official members of the community.
Recovery Housing Community Commitments
- Students interested are required to be an active member of Cougars in Recovery and have 30 days of continuous recovery to be eligible for the Recovery Housing Community.
- Students residing in the Recovery Housing Community will meet with CIR staff and fellow roommates for a monthly Townhouse Meeting.
- Students will abide by Student Housing and Residential Life policies, code of conduct, university mission and policies, and local, state, and federal laws.
- Students will be asked to abide by CIR Recovery Housing Agreement in order to maintain residency.
Once students complete the application process and sign the CIR Student Agreement form they will begin to receive these services:
- Recovery Housing Community Options
- Weekly Community Check-Ins (Peer-To-Peer Process Group)
- On Campus 12-Step Meetings
- Referrals to Campus Resources
- Priority Registration
- CIR Recovery Scholarships
- Twenty Four Hour Access to Lounge and Study Spaces
- Staff and Peer Accountability
- Service Work Opportunities
- Academic and Recovery Mentorship
- Outdoor Adventure Learning Experience
- Recovery Tailgating