Use the form below to request a calendar event posting on the UH homepage. Use the guidelines to help determine if your request is a feature or a calendar event. Items with an internal audience and/or informational communications only or the audience is narrowly defined should be communicated through listservs: faculty, staff, students.
Home Page Calendar Guidelines
- A calendar event is something that happens or occurs.
- Calendar events should be open to the public, promote UH, and be related to our big rocks or strategic initiatives: student success (career fairs), energy, arts, athletics, etc.
- Third-party, non-affiliated events will not be posted on the University calendar.
- By submitting image(s) for posting on the UH website you are affirming that you have the proper permission for use by UH and on our website. If photo attribution needs to be included, please provide that information with the photo submission.
To request that your event be considered for the Events featured carousel on the UH homepage:
- Fill out the calendar event request form below.
- Under Event Type, check the Featured box.
- If your event is already in the enterprise calendar system, LiveWhale, you will not be required to re-enter your event information again. Instead, you will provide the link to your existing event. An image will still be required to be associated with your event and must adhere to guidelines.
- If your event is not in LiveWhale, please fill out the event information and attach a brand-approved image, 720px wide by 540px tall, to the designated file upload field.
- Images should not contain any text. Exceptions are:
- Text that's part of the image, like a book cover
- Logos/Text treatments
- If you have text over background Images, it must meet the 4.5:1 contrast ratio guideline for accessibility
- Remove or reduce duplicate information - do not include text on the image when the headline/text description already contains the information.
- Keep in mind the upper left corner of the image will be covered by our date stamp ribbon. Do not place anything important in the upper left corner of your image.
- Your event will be reviewed, and if it is approved, you will be contacted by University Marketing & Communications with further instructions. (Note: If a response to UMC's email is not received within 2 business days, UMC will edit your event to elevate it to Featured status.)
Please review the COVID-19 event guidelines for more information.
* Denotes a required field - We will contact you should there be any questions regarding the entry of your event into the Calendar. Send an e-mail to update or remove past events submitted to the calendar.