I am a new student at the University and new to living on campus, what do I need to do before I move in?
Welcome to the Cougar Family!
We are excited to have you joining us this semester.
There are a few things you should do before attending New Student Orientation
- Review your personal information on the self-service portal. If you have a preferred name you would like to appear on your Cougar Card you can update it by logging into AccessUH, then click MyUH Self Services. You will be able to add a name and set it as your preferred name in the Personal Details section. When it’s time to get your Cougar Card let the representative know you would like to use your preferred name on the card.
- Make sure you follow the guidelines for your photo before uploading it.
- Upload your photo by going to AccessUH and clicking on the MyPhoto Icon. Please allow 2-3 business days for your photo to be reviewed.
Uploading your photo before orientation will help expedite your Cougar Card process during orientation pick up. Remember you will need to have your Cougar Card for move-in!
Remember, you will need to have your Cougar Card for Move-in, January 12, 2022!
I’m a returning UH student living on-campus for the first time, do I still need a Cougar Card?
Welcome to our on-campus housing!
You will use your Cougar Card for check-in, on-campus dining, and access to your resident hall. Your Cougar Card is a vital part of your campus life, it provides access to sporting events, some special events, MD Anderson Library, Campus Recreation and Wellness Center, computer and printing labs, academic and administrative buildings, and on-campus dining locations.
If you don’t have your Cougar Card yet, follow these steps to getting your first Cougar Card:
- Submit a photo through MyPhoto in AccessUH
- Once your photo has been approved, you can schedule an appointment to pick up your card
We’ll see you at the Cougar Card Office at the time of your appointment!
I’m a returning residential student and I’ve lost my Cougar Card; how can I get a replacement?
Make sure that you visit the Cougar Card Office to pick up a replacement before your scheduled move-in date, so there is no delay in your check-in process.
All you have to do is pay the $20.00 replacement fee in AccessUH by clicking the Cougar Card Online icon. After that you will be able to schedule an appointment to pick up your Cougar Card. When you arrive at our office show the representative your emailed receipt and a replacement card will be printed for you.
I’m a resident and lost my Cougar Card after 5:00 p.m. or on the weekend what should I do?
If you lose your Cougar Card during the semester and it’s after Cougar Card Office hours, you still have options!
- Visit the front desk at your residential hall to get a Guest Card that will give you access to your room or building.
- Visit the UHPD office to request a Temporary After-Hours Cougar Card. You will need a valid form of identification and to sign an agreement form. UHPD will verify that you are a current student and issue a temporary card. All UHPD temporary cards must be returned to the Cougar Card Office when you pick up your new card. If you fail to return the temporary card you will have to pay a $10.00 fee for the temporary card plus the $20.00 replacement fee.
Both these options are only temporary. You will still be responsible for getting a permanent replacement for your lost Cougar Card. There is a $20.00 fee for all Cougar Card replacements that must be paid through Cougar Card Online within AccessUH before deactivating your lost card.