Women and Gender Resource Center Awards
* The Distinguished Faculty Scholar Awards (3 total, one in each category: pre-tenure, post-tenure and clinical/instructional faculty member). The pre-tenure and post-tenure awards recognize faculty members who have amassed a solid record of scholarly activity that is making an impact in their respective discipline. The clinical/instructional award recognizes contributions to teaching, research and service, including service to women.
* The Distinguished Service to Women Award for Staff and the Distinguished Service to Women Award for a Student are given in recognition of commitments and contributions in the advancement and support of women.
Beverly McPhail & Kevin Kulish WGRC Student Scholarship
Now accepting applications for the WGRC’s student scholarship. This scholarship award will recognize one full-time, undergraduate student who demonstrates an interest in gender studies and a commitment to gender advocacy. The amount of the award is $1000. Detailed information, requirements, and the application can be found here: WGRC Beverly McPhail & Kevin Kulish WGRC Scholarship.
Information and Referral Services
A wealth of resources are available at the University of Houston and in the larger greater Houston community. Here in the WGRC, we have numerous brochures and pamphlets for campus departments and community based organizations and services. We provide referrals to students, staff, and faculty.
Our free supplies include:
- over-the-counter pain relief medicines
- personal hygiene products
- condoms (internal/female and external/male), dental dams, and lube
We have two computers for student use along with limited printing.
The WGRC maintains a small library, which includes: books, DVDs, pamphlets, movies, documentaries, and magazines. The materials cover a range of topics from mothering to pregnancy, body image, and a host of other gender related issues. Most are available for checkout or you can sit in our comfortable lounge area to read.
Disclaimer: Various links on the UH Women and Gender Resource Center website open third-party websites. We do not assume any responsibility for material located outside of the Women and Gender Resource Center web domain. Listing of material on this website does not serve as a contract between the UH Women and Gender Resource Center and any other party and does not constitute an endorsement of any organization or its activities. As such, the Women and Gender Resource Center is not liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources.