UH Wellness seeks to empower the campus community to make healthy choices across all dimensions of wellness through evidence-based programs and services that contribute to student success.
UH Wellness is now accepting applications for the following position:
Fall 2015 Intern: As an intern you will participate in a unique internship program which is designed to provide valuable exposure and experience in your chosen field, while educating you on the professionalism of being a Health Educator and program planning.
Please complete the application and return with your resume to 4500 University Dr. CRWC Suite 1038
Have questions and concerns about Ebola. Please click on the following link provided by UH Health Center.
UH Wellness provides the following services:
- Outreach programs on a variety of topics related to personal and community health to include issues of self-esteem, sexual decision making and safer choices, alcohol and other drugs, stress management, communication skills, emotional well-being, and values clarification.
- Campus wide programming is provided, often in conjunction with other university departments. Programming such as Alcohol Awareness Week, World AIDS Day, and other health related, national and local campaigns are promoted by the center.
- Peer Education is provided for outreach programming. Peer educators are trained through a social health class (see homepage for more information).
- Consultation and information is provided by trained professional staff and volunteers, on a variety of health related topics.
- Referrals are offered to those who seek counseling or health care services, or who are in search of appropriate venues for health related issues not provided in the center.
- Social Health and Wellness Class (see homepage) is offered to any student in the university and is used to train peer educators, resident advisors, or other students providing wellness services. It is also open to any university student. For those interested in peer education, a lab class is also offered.
- Wellness clearinghouse is a way of helping students find information and resources on a variety of topics. We provide some current articles on health topics, information as to internet information resources on the topics, and assistance in identifying resources on the topics.
- Special programming such as Alcohol 101 is provided by the center. See homepage for internet access to this program.
- WELL-U is a University of Houston community network focused on integrating the dimensions of wellness into the campus at large, and on providing a connection for those interested in well concerns.
- WELL-net is the official newsletter on line for the Houston-Galveston network of colleges and universities in the area who are committed to promoting healthier lifestyles and campus life.
- Special programs such as IMAGE, Alcohol 101, Nutrition Counseling, Stress Management Strategies, are provided by the center.
- WELL-U is a newsletter published electronically by UH Wellness.
- Houston-Galveston Consortium is a network of colleges and universities in the area who are committed to promoting healthier lifestyles and campus life.