Paula Myrick Short, Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost at the University of Houston and Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost at the University of Houston System, announced Jay Neal as Associate Vice President and Chief Operating Officer University of Houston at Sugar Land and University of Houston at Katy. “I am delighted to offer this position to Dr. Neal,” said Dr. Short.
Executive Human Resources Program Leverages Work Experience, Classroom Lessons to Develop Global Leaders
Instructors in the University of Houston Executive Human Resource Development program assure students what they will learn in the program will apply to their work life, and what they experience in their jobs will be part of their classroom experience. “It’s a big focus in our program,” said Consuelo Waight, professor and director of the program housed at UH Sugar Land.
Conversations about death are not easy. Conversations about your own death can be even more uncomfortable. A nurse researcher from the University of Houston College of Nursing explored a novel way of encouraging advance care planning for terminally ill patients by asking them to remember the cancer experiences of family or friends and apply the lesson to their own situation. It’s an intervention called Autobiographical Memory.
This month's news - January 2018
- Spring Shuttle Service
- College of Nursing Donation Drive Collects Sporting, Arts Equipment for SHAPE Community Center
- New Leadership Announced for UH Sugar Land, UH Katy
- Commencement Marks Milestone for Students, College of Nursing
- Executive Human Resources Program Leverages Work Experiences, Classroom Lessons to Develop Global Leaders
- UH College of Education Team Wins International Online Learning Award
- More Students, Programs at UH Sugar Land
- Superintendent of Fort Bend Schools Heads to the Classroom at UH Sugar Land
Learn more about the news from our inaugural programs:
- UH College of Nursing News and "The Pulse" Newsletter
- UH College of Technology Digital Media, Student Showcase