“I always wanted to be an educator.” Dr. Charles Dupre, superintendent of the Fort Bend Independent School District, is adding the title of ‘professor’ to his resume. Dupre is currently teaching a course at the University of Houston at Sugar Land. The course on school law is part of the M.Ed. in Administration & Supervision program.
Students from the University of Houston College of Nursing will participate in the Diabetes Wellness Day at the UH Health & Biomedical Science Complex from noon to 4 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 14. The free event will feature glucose screenings, diabetic retinal screenings, blood pressure and weight checks, as well as educational stations about preventing diabetes.
The University of Houston has launched the public phase of a $1 billion capital campaign, the most ambitious in the institution’s 90-year history, and the first public university billion-dollar campaign in Houston. The campaign, “Here, We Go: The Campaign for the University of Houston” is designed to strategically move the university forward.
This month's news - November 2017
- UH College of Education Team Wins International Online Learning Award
- More Students, Programs at UH Sugar Land
- Nursing Students Focus on Education, Prevention at Diabetes Wellness Day
- Enjoy Holiday Gatherings with Friends, Family and Safety
- Superintendent of Fort Bend Schools Heads to the Classroom at UH Sugar Land
- Future Cougars in Fort Bend High Schools Learn About UH Sugar Land
- Biotechnology's Rupa Iyer Named Program Director at National Science Foundation
- UH Digital Medial Advisory Board Member Donates $10,000 to UH Hurricane Relief Fund
- College of Nursing Again Recognized for Commitment to Diversity
Learn more about the news from our inaugural programs:
- UH College of Nursing News and "The Pulse" Newsletter
- UH College of Technology Digital Media, Student Showcase