That box delivered to your doorstep is more than a gift; it’s a philosophy, a series of special systems and protocols in place that brought it from the manufacturer to your doorstep. Supply chain and logistics technology is concerned with the flow of materials from manufacturer to finished goods to the consumer. The journey of that delivered box had a starting place.
Transmedia describes a process in which unique elements of a story are conveyed over many platforms, such as print, video, videogames, social media or live events. Consumers can interact with the story on any or all those platforms. While the philosophy is not new, the intentional training for new transmedia producers is gaining momentum.
The University of Houston has launched the public phase of a $1 billion capital campaign, the most ambitious in the institution’s 90-year history, and the first public university billion-dollar campaign in Houston. The campaign, “Here, We Go: The Campaign for the University of Houston” is designed to strategically move the university forward.
This month's news -March 2017
Archive of stories >
- CAPS Training to Help Recognize Suicidal Behavior
- Annual Golf Tournament Benefits Fort Bend High School Seniors
- UH College of Nursing Reaches its Number-one Strategic Goal Ahead of Schedule
- College of Nursing Among Most Elite in the Nation
- Spring Brings New Programs to UH Sugar Land Campus
Learn more about the news from our inaugural programs:
- UH College of Nursing News and "The Pulse" Newsletter
- UH College of Technology Digital Media, Student Showcase