Before the first day of classes, after the storm that dumped unprecedented amounts of rain in the Houston area, students at the University of Houston College of Nursing gathered in the large multipurpose room in groups. Each table was comprised of students and one professor. This wasn’t a class. This was a time to talk about their experiences—as a volunteer, as an observer, as a flood victim.
Margaret Kidd, instructional assistant professor in the University of Houston College of Technology, was honored along with six other Houston professional women at the Houston Woman Magazine annual Nominate HER Awards. The annual award ceremony recognizes Houston women who inspire those around them and serve as role models for others in the community.
The University of Houston has launched the public phase of a $1 billion capital campaign, the most ambitious in the institution’s 90-year history, and the first public university billion-dollar campaign in Houston. The campaign, “Here, We Go: The Campaign for the University of Houston” is designed to strategically move the university forward.
This month's news -September 2017
Archive of stories >
- Cougar Strong: UH Sugar Land After the Storm
- After the Storm: Resources and Information
- United Healthcare's Project SEARCH Temporarily Relocates to UH Sugar Land
- Houston Woman Magazine Honors College of Technology Professor
- New College of Education Hybrid Graduate Program Focuses on Effective Use of Technologies
- UH College of Nursing in Ireland: Sigma Theta Tau International
- Research-focused UH Biotech Program to Expand Nationally
- New Childbirth Simulator Brings State-of-the-Art Technology to Obstetrics Curriculum
Learn more about the news from our inaugural programs:
- UH College of Nursing News and "The Pulse" Newsletter
- UH College of Technology Digital Media, Student Showcase