Nearly half of the students who graduated from the University of Houston Digital Media program did so with honors at the College of Technology’s spring convocation ceremonies. Of the 46 graduates, two earned the distinction of summa cum laude, ten received magna cum laude distinctions, and eight graduated cum laud.
Twenty students from the University of Houston College of Nursing marked their graduation by participating in the traditional Pinning Ceremony. A pinning ceremony is a rite of passage for nursing students that acknowledges the hard work that ends their academic journey and begins their new role as professionals.
The University of Houston has launched the public phase of a $1 billion capital campaign, the most ambitious in the institution’s 90-year history, and the first public university billion-dollar campaign in Houston. The campaign, “Here, We Go: The Campaign for the University of Houston” is designed to strategically move the university forward.
This month's news -May 2017
Archive of stories >
- Nursing Students Spend Mini Semester in Methodist Hospital's MITIE Lab
- Digital Media Students Finish with Honors
- National Nurses Week: Sandy Lee, Among Houston's Best
- New Nursing Graduates to Take Part in Traditional Pinning Ceremony
- Digital Media Students Earn Graphic Excellence Awards
- Faculty Focus: Margaret Kidd
- Nursing Students Head to Spanish Class
Learn more about the news from our inaugural programs:
- UH College of Nursing News and "The Pulse" Newsletter
- UH College of Technology Digital Media, Student Showcase