- The University of Houston Alumni Association (UHAA) will recognize distinguished alumni at the 61st Annual Awards Gala on May 2 at the Westin Houston Memorial City (945 Gessner Rd.). The black tie affair begins with a reception at 6 p.m., followed by a dinner and program at 7:30 p.m.
- The Supreme Court is preparing to hear oral arguments in the potentially historic case Obergfell v. Hodges, which addresses the constitutionality of laws prohibiting same sex marriage. Experts at the University of Houston can address topics related to the legal and political issues surrounding same sex marriages.
- The Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) will hold its 2015 Domestic and International Standards Workshop May 8 at the University of Houston. The workshop will feature speakers from both industry and the federal government.
- Thanks to collaboration between the University of Houston’s Moores School of Music, Writers in the Schools and Houston Grand Opera Community Outreach, student poets will hear their words transformed into compositions.
- Research from the Department of Health and Human Performance gives us another reason to love Mom, even if it's not Mother's Day.
- Psychology Professor Richard Evans, whose legacy at UH spanned more than 60 years, died April 20 at the age of 92.
You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. Click on the icon to download a free copy.