- A virtual reality cave at the University of Houston is the newest technology to help study human behavior.
- This month, Jules Massenet’s “Manon” makes its UH debut in the Moores Opera House. Performances run Oct. 23 - 26.
- A daylong conference sponsored by the Faculty Senate will address challenges in childhood education, talent development and workforce readiness. The “16th Annual Scholarship and Community Conference, The Education Pipeline: Plugging the Leaks” takes place from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, Oct. 23 at the University of Houston Student Center.
- Houston History Magazine will present “Houston’s Helping Hand: Remembering Katrina” at UH. Panelists include former Mayor Bill White, former director of the National Hurricane Center Neil Frank and director of Houston Emergency Medical Services David Persse.
- The National Council on Teacher Quality (NCTQ) has ranked the University of Houston College of Education’s secondary education programs number one on its list of “Best Value Colleges of Education” in Texas.
- A UH researcher and his team were awarded nearly $2.3 million in funding from the NIH’s National Cancer Institute to find a more effective treatment for prostate cancer. The standard treatment methods in the advanced stage of the disease lose effectiveness after about one to two years.
You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. Click on the icon to download a free copy.