- Psychology Professor Richard Evans, whose legacy at UH spanned more than 60 years, died April 20 at the age of 92.
- Melissa I. M. Torres, a doctoral candidate in the Graduate College of Social Work, is readying a presentation on human trafficking and the war against drugs. She'll speak at The Hague as part of the Women's International League for Peace & Freedom conference.
- Chinhui Juhn, the Henry Graham Professor of Economics at the University of Houston, was recently appointed by the Russell Sage Foundation as a visiting scholar for 2015-2016.
- UH Honors College student Vanessa Alejandro's academic endeavors and commitment to community service earned her a place among Glamour's "Top 10 College Women."
- Houstonians have come to expect bold ideas from students at the Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture. Based at the University of Houston, the college grooms future generations of designers and architectural innovators. Houston real estate visionary Gerald D. Hines and his wife Barbara recently pledged $1 million to the college in support of its international initiatives.
- Ramanan Krishnamoorti, acting vice president/vice chancellor for research and technology transfer at the University of Houston, has been asked to testify before Congress about an innovative workforce training program developed for the energy industry.
You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. Click on the icon to download a free copy.