- Two esteemed researchers will explore the keys to remaining mentally, physically and emotionally fit while advancing in years during a special panel discussion at the University of Houston. “The Search for an Anti-Aging Pill” will be presented at 3 p.m., March 10 in UH’s Student Center Ballroom.
- University of Houston architecture students took a long, hard look at the city of Houston – particularly its connection to natural waterways. They then worked to develop new visions for the Bayou City and showcased them through vibrant projects.
- Researchers at the University of Houston have created a new thermoelectric material, intended to generate electric power from waste heat – from a vehicle tailpipe, for example, or an industrial smokestack – with greater efficiency and higher output power than currently available materials.
- More than 400 students, faculty and alumni from the University of Houston and University of Houston System traveled to the state Capitol in Austin earlier this week to meet with legislators and their associates.
- The University of Houston will host a roundtable discussion, “Immigration Policy and America’s Foreign Relations,” at 2:30 p.m., Tuesday, Mar. 3 in the UH Student Center Theater, room 103. The event is free and open to the public.
- Middle school and high school students from Houston and across Southeast Texas will be on the University of Houston campus Friday and Saturday, Feb. 27-28, for one of the nation’s largest competitive science and engineering fairs.
You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. Click on the icon to download a free copy.