- New Ebola cases in the United States have prompted the appointment of an Ebola czar, dips in financial markets and an abundance of nervousness from those reading and watching the news unfold.
- The University of Houston will be recognized Nov. 17 by IEEE as the site of the discovery by physicist Paul Chu and colleagues of a material that made high temperature superconductivity practical for real-world applications.
- This year, Houston Grand Opera celebrates its 60th anniversary with a season of unforgettable works. To help promote this momentous occasion, HGO tapped the creative talents of the University of Houston’s Jack J. Valenti School of Communication.
- This fall, UH optometry students began hands-on training in a first-of-its-kind simulation lab that offers them 24/7 access to virtual patients. The lab is the only one at an optometric program in the country and the largest in the world.
Emmy Award-Winning News Anchor to Headline Scholarship Banquet for Center for Mexican American Studies
- Art Rascon, Emmy award-winning reporter and anchor for KTRK channel 13, will serve as the keynote speaker for the Center for Mexican American Studies’ 18th Annual Noche Cultural Scholarship Banquet. The event is planned from 6 – 8 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 25 in the Conrad N. Hilton Ballroom of the Hilton University of Houston. Proceeds from the event benefit students from the CMAS Academic Achievers Program (AAP).
- The University of Houston is a finalist for the Innovation & Economic Prosperity University Awards, sponsored by the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities.
You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. Click on the icon to download a free copy.