- A UH geoscientist and his colleagues reveal a few surprises they discovered upon penetrating the lower crust of the Pacific Ocean. The findings from this $10 million international expedition are described in the Dec. 1 issue of Nature.
- Nothing signifies the holidays better than the songs of the season. At 2:30 p.m., Dec. 8 in the University of Houston’s Moores Opera House, audiences can experience a free concert of classical music celebrating Christmas.
- Richie Hunter, a well-recognized leader in strategic marketing, brand development, integrated communications and business strategy, has joined the University of Houston as associate vice president/associate vice chancellor for marketing and communication for the University and the UH System.
- Engineering Professor Michael Economides was an internationally known authority on petroleum engineering, as well as a prolific writer on global energy politics, an analyst and consultant. He died Saturday night during an international flight to South America.
- Do fruit flies hold the key to treating dementia? Researchers at UH have taken a significant step forward in unraveling the mechanisms of Pavlovian conditioning. Their work will help them understand how memories form and, ultimately, provide better treatments to improve memory in all ages.
- UH’s Emerging Choreographers Showcase presents works developed during the fall semester by students in the University’s growing dance program. Performances will be presented in UH’s Jose Quintero Theatre.
You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. Click on the icon to download a free copy.