- Houstonians now have an opportunity to see the “Great War” through the eyes of German soldier Otto Schubert who experienced both brutal combat and the camaraderie of his troops. The exhibition “Postcards from the Trenches” will spotlight various wartime items including postcards with paintings and illustrations by Schubert
- Take one acclaimed violinist and one of the talented piano professors at the University of Houston’s Moores School of Music (MSM), and the musical possibilities are limitless. Audiences will discover this firsthand during MSM’s A.I. Lack Master Series.
- Clinical trials are underway for an anticancer drug developed by Rathindra Bose, vice president for research and technology transfer at the University of Houston and vice chancellor at the University of Houston system.
- UH Speech and Debate team members Eric Lanning and Tanweer Rajwani took the top honors in The Mvubu Debates. The duo defeated Harvard University in the event’s final round and earned a study tour of South Africa.
- A University of Houston researcher is trying a novel approach to create high efficiency, low cost solar cells in an effort to bring the cost down to that of traditional electricity sources.
- The University of Houston has invited noted sociologist Jennifer Glass to deliver the John P. McGovern Endowed Lecture in Family, Health, and Human Values at 6:30 p.m., Thursday, October 30, in the UH University Center Theater.
You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. Click on the icon to download a free copy.