- The University of Houston welcomes to campus Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak, a world renowned literary theorist and postcolonial studies expert, to deliver a lecture at 5:30 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 29 at the University Theater, Student Center, room 103. The event is free and open to the public.
- A panel of women energy executives will talk about the changing participation of women in the industry and what skill sets are needed for particular industry jobs during a panel discussion Monday, Jan. 26, at the University of Houston.
- Lacy M. Johnson, Director of Academic Initiatives at UH's Mitchell Center for the Arts, is among the finalists for the National Book Critics Circle Award.
- Houston-area elementary and middle school students will be showing off Mars Rover models they built at the University of Houston’s 13th annual Mars Rover Model Celebration and Competition Saturday, Jan. 31.
- This year’s Moores Jazz Festival at the University of Houston will be a homecoming for Shelley Carrol. The star saxophonist’s musical roots are in Houston and, soon, he’ll be back in town for one of UH’s most anticipated events.
- The University of Houston will lead a national research center for subsea engineering and other offshore energy development issues, including research and technology to improve the sustainable and safe development of energy resources in the Gulf of Mexico.
You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. Click on the icon to download a free copy.