- The University of Houston has released its 2014 national commercial, which highlights the University’s 667-acre campus, including the new TDECU Stadium, and features students and athletes in action.
- Laurie Anderson’s work defies the conventions of art and popular music. The veteran artist has long embraced experimental approaches to stagecraft, performance, instrumentation and composition. Anderson will deliver the second annual Mitchell Artist Lecture on Sept. 10 in UH’s Moores Opera House.
- The Graduate College of Social Work is the recipient of a 5-year, $1.25 million grant from the National Institute of Drug Abuse at the National Institutes of Health to study the long-term use and health consequences of heroin use.
- To reduce and better treat spaceflight-induced visual impairment, UH optometrists are collaborating on a NASA study that examines ocular changes seen in a number of astronauts.
- The University of Houston celebrates the start of a new academic year during the Fall Convocation on Sept. 4 in UH’s Moores Opera House.
- Harvey Kronberg, founder and editor of the publication Quorum Report, will serve as the keynote speaker for the Hobby Center for Public Policy's annual fall luncheon. Kronberg will discuss “Texas Election Showdown: Knocking over the chessboard and starting over again.”
You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. Click on the icon to download a free copy.