- Two scientists from the University of Houston have been elected as fellows of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- A grand jury in Ferguson, Missouri reaches a decision regarding police officer Darren Wilson and the shooting death of teenager Michael Brown. For perspective on this story, please call on these University of Houston experts.
- As the fall 2014 semester comes to a close, many look forward to the holidays. For many others, the holidays can create feelings of being overwhelmed and stressed. Here are five tips for managing your holiday stress from the University of Houston Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS):
- President Barack Obama is preparing to announce an executive action regarding U.S. immigration policies. UH faculty experts are available to discuss issues surrounding immigration reform and president’s strategy.
- Embracing University of Houston President Renu Khator’s commitment to student success, State Sen. John Whitmire has made the first donation to a new Cougar Experience Scholarship, a $4,000 award for freshmen students who choose to live on campus.
- After earning her medical degree in China, Qian Lu, an associate professor of psychology at the University of Houston, felt she could help patients more by treating the mind as well as the body. She then decided to pursue a doctorate in psychology in the U.S.
You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. Click on the icon to download a free copy.