- University of Houston President and UH System Chancellor Renu Khator is set to lead the board of directors for the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas. Khator recently was announced as the board’s chair.
- Richie C. Hunter, UH vice president of marketing, communication and media relations, now holds the additional title of UH System vice chancellor. During its recent meeting, the UHS Board of Regents voted to expand Hunter’s responsibilities to the System universities and branch campuses.
- President Barack Obama is preparing to announce an executive action regarding U.S. immigration policies. UH faculty experts are available to discuss issues surrounding immigration reform and president’s strategy.
- Embracing University of Houston President Renu Khator’s commitment to student success, State Sen. John Whitmire has made the first donation to a new Cougar Experience Scholarship, a $4,000 award for freshmen students who choose to live on campus.
- After earning her medical degree in China, Qian Lu, an associate professor of psychology at the University of Houston, felt she could help patients more by treating the mind as well as the body. She then decided to pursue a doctorate in psychology in the U.S.
- Radiation detectors developed by a team from the UH physics department and their NASA colleagues will be flying on the first test flight of NASA’s new Orion spacecraft.
You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. Click on the icon to download a free copy.