- Before incoming freshman and transfer students at the University of Houston take their first classes, the University is sharing useful information and teaching an important lesson during its new student orientation program.
- The crashing sounds of wheelchair rugby enthusiasts will fill the University of Houston Campus Recreation and Wellness Center for the annual Wheelchair Rugby Summer Camp. The event is planned for July 30– Aug. 2. This is the third year of the camp, which is sponsored by UH and Adaptive Athletics@ UH.
- Representatives from industry, academia, government and nongovernmental organizations will meet at UH Wednesday when the Ocean Energy Safety Institute hosts a forum on “Taking Safety and Environmental Management Systems to the Next Level.”
- UH experts are available to offer tips on choosing the right snacks, selecting appropriate wines for outdoor enjoyment and sharing Shakespeare with kids.
- State leaders have paved the way for new construction at UH Sugar Land (UHSL), a campus of the University of Houston. UHSL received a $54 million allocation in HB100, which the governor recently signed, to construct a new 150,000-sq.-ft. classroom building.
- Some of the world’s most beautiful voices were heard during the recent Grand Prix of Nations in Magdeburg, Germany. Among those earning the top honors at the esteemed choral event were talented singers from the University of Houston’s Moores School of Music.
You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. Click on the icon to download a free copy.