- Presented by UH’s undergraduate literary journal, Glass Mountain, the 2014 Write-A-Thon provides authors and poets a communal experience in which they can meet peers, share ideas and swap tips while engaging in the art of writing.
- This year, the ID Program’s efforts in grooming tomorrow’s top designers – as well as generating groundbreaking designs – helped place it among the top institutions in the world. UH’s ID program is now ranked No. 14 globally according to the Red Dot Design Ranking 2014.
- UH and the University of Houston Alumni Association will host the inaugural Cougar 100 Luncheon at 11:30 a.m., Thursday, Nov. 6. The event will recognize the 100 fastest-growing UH alumni-owned or -operated businesses in the world.
- Halloween and the Day of the Dead are around the corner. In keeping with the spirit of the season, the University of Houston’s Honors College has a week of events focused on the topic of death.
- Students from area high schools will converge on UH to learn how the University might fit into their higher education plans. The Center for Mexican American Studies’ College Career Day is planned from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 29 at the UH University Center ballroom.
- A crowded ballot greets voters this year as they choose a new governor, select state legislators, as well as vote on U.S. House and Senate seats. As you pursue stories related to the midterm elections, consider these resources from the University of Houston.
You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. Click on the icon to download a free copy.