- UH is adding a new, state-of-the-art supercomputer to its arsenal of research tools. This powerful, high-performance computing system will more than double the current computing power at UH.
- Studies indicate many novice teachers will leave the profession in their first three years. A new UH program harnesses the enthusiasm and expertise of experienced teachers to support new teachers.
- The University of Houston welcomes to campus Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak, a world renowned literary theorist and postcolonial studies expert, to deliver a lecture at 5:30 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 29 at the University Theater, Student Center, room 103. The event is free and open to the public.
- A panel of women energy executives will talk about the changing participation of women in the industry and what skill sets are needed for particular industry jobs during a panel discussion Monday, Jan. 26, at the University of Houston.
- Houston-area elementary and middle school students will be showing off Mars Rover models they built at the University of Houston’s 13th annual Mars Rover Model Celebration and Competition Saturday, Jan. 31.
- This year’s Moores Jazz Festival at the University of Houston will be a homecoming for Shelley Carrol. The star saxophonist’s musical roots are in Houston and, soon, he’ll be back in town for one of UH’s most anticipated events.
You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. Click on the icon to download a free copy.