- This year’s "Artists and Their Regions" journey takes students to the world-renowned Methodist Hospital in the center of Houston’s Texas Medical Center.
- Working toward new therapies to target cancer and Alzheimer’s, UH physicist Margaret Cheung strives to understand the physics that govern how ordinary matter becomes life-like. Cheung was named a fellow of the American Physical Society.
- Nelda Luce Blair’s leadership skills and business acumen were put to good use during her time on the University of Houston System Board of Regents. Now, the UH alumna will contribute her talents to the Texas Economic Development Corporation (TEDC).
- A grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture and Food Research Initiative will assist UH researchers to develop food safety processes, training materials and update standard operating procedures for the handling of fresh-cut produce.
- UH has committed to the Institute of International Education’s (IIE) “Generation Study Abroad” Initiative, which aims to double the number of students who study abroad over the next five years. More than 150 higher education institutions also have joined the effort.
- University of Houston System (UHS) Regents approved a University of Houston Sugar Land Task Force report on Feb. 26 that sets in motion plans to implement a major change in the delivery of off-campus instruction: to make the University of Houston the sole UHS institution delivering programs at the Sugar Land campus.
You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. Click on the icon to download a free copy.