‘All right. All right. All right!’ Academy Award-winner Matthew McConaughey To give Commencement Address at UH
- Texas native Matthew McConaughey, an Academy Award-winning actor, philanthropist and one of Hollywood’s most sought-after leading men, will give the inaugural University-wide Commencement address at TDECU Stadium on Friday, May 15.
- The next debate in the UH Energy Symposium Series, set for Tuesday, Feb. 10, will tackle the issue of Private Profit vs. Public Good: Do Energy Companies Have a Social Responsibility?
- UH is adding a new, state-of-the-art supercomputer to its arsenal of research tools. This powerful, high-performance computing system will more than double the current computing power at UH.
- Studies indicate many novice teachers will leave the profession in their first three years. A new UH program harnesses the enthusiasm and expertise of experienced teachers to support new teachers.
- The University of Houston welcomes to campus Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak, a world renowned literary theorist and postcolonial studies expert, to deliver a lecture at 5:30 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 29 at the University Theater, Student Center, room 103. The event is free and open to the public.
- Houston-area elementary and middle school students will be showing off Mars Rover models they built at the University of Houston’s 13th annual Mars Rover Model Celebration and Competition Saturday, Jan. 31.
You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. Click on the icon to download a free copy.