- In an inspiring speech before an enthusiastic audience at Moores Opera House, UH System Chancellor and UH President Renu Khator declared that success for the University of Houston is “critical to the city, and equally critical to the nation.”
- The University of Houston Academic Achievers Program (AAP), designed to retain and propel more students to graduation, was recognized by the national organization Excelencia in Education as one of the “2014 Examples of Excelencia.”
- A who’s who of dynamic artists and performers have emerged from the University of Houston. On Oct. 9, the campus will spotlight the latest generation of Creative Coogs during the Red Block Bash.
- It would stand to reason that the closer a drug treatment facility is to a person needing those services, the more likely he is to access it, complete treatment plans and maintain his recovery. A new study from the Graduate College of Social Work suggests, however, the opposite may be true.
- The Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management will host some of Houston’s top chefs and restaurants for the 30th Annual Caesar Salad Competition, 5 – 8 p.m., Friday, Oct. 10 at the Hilton University of Houston. The first 10 guests who wear a toga receive free admission.
- For the third consecutive year, the University of Houston System and the University of Houston have not only surpassed their annual fundraising goals, but have established new records in total year-end commitments for private support from businesses, corporations, alumni and friends.
You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. Click on the icon to download a free copy.