- The Cyvia and Melvyn Wolff Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of Houston C. T. Bauer College of Business has been recognized as one of the best nationally for educating entrepreneurs, landing at the No. 2 spot on the list of Top 25 Undergraduate Schools for Entrepreneurs in Entrepreneur magazine, The Princeton Review announced today.
- The casual campus atmosphere found today at the University of Houston is starkly different from the institution’s original master plan. Photos and documents inside the M.D. Anderson Library archives tells the story of how and why the campus has physically transformed.
- Addressing nutrition, obesity, environmental chemicals and lifestyle, three University of Houston professors are included in a recently published book on cancer prevention.
- Students from the University of Houston Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture Industrial Design program didn’t take the Wilsonart Challenge sitting down. Instead, they jumped at the opportunity to create innovative, functional chairs that would stand apart from other contemporary furniture designs.
- The National Science Foundation awarded nearly $165,000 to the Hobby Center for Public Policy in support of a program offered by few higher education entities in the country. It’s a program that trains and transforms the social science researcher.
- Readers abandoning print newspapers in favor of online news may want to consider the effect it’s having. A study conducted by a researcher at the University of Houston finds those who read printed news publications read more news and also remember more news than those who read news online.
You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. Click on the icon to download a free copy.