UH Health Center
Introducing the Healthy Coog
(A patient web portal available to all UH students)
- Schedule appointment online 24/7 for General Medicine and Women’s Health (for other services, please call 713-743-5156) SECURE
- Receive secure lab reports and messages from your provider RESPONSIBLE
- View and print your immunization records EASY
- Log in using your Cougarnet User ID and Password
Flu Shots Still Available
Flu shots are available to currently enrolled UH students, faculty and staff for $25.00. No out-of-pocket cost for students enrolled in the 2014-2015 UH endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan.
Flu season is upon us. As of late December, 2014, over half the nation is experiencing high flu activity according to the CDC. It is not too late to get a flu shot. Flu season can last into May, so it is important to have protection now.
UH Health Center recommends a three prong approach to flu prevention.
- Get your flu shot
- Vaccine available at UH Health Center for students, faculty, & staff
- If you’ve already had the flu this year, it is still recommended you get the flu shot
- Though you are not protected from all viruses, the flu the shot is shown to decrease the severity of symptoms in those who are immunized
- Use everyday precautions to prevent the spread of germs
- Wash your hands frequently
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze
- Avoid close contact with sick people
- Stay home when you feel ill
- Use flu antiviral drugs when prescribed by your doctor
- Only available by prescription, not over-the-counter
- Studies show most effective when taken within first 48 hours of symptoms
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Body aches
- Possible vomiting and/or diarrhea
If you are experiencing these symptoms, it is important to seek medical care. For care on campus, contact UH Health Center at 713.743.5151 for an appointment.
For more information on flu and immunization, please visit http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/season/index.htm