Types of Aid
The University of Houston offers several different kinds of financial assistance, ranging from scholarships that are awarded on the basis of academic merit to loans awarded on the basis of financial need. A typical financial aid package includes more than one type of aid.
- The types of aid available at UH are:
- Merit-based awards that you do not have to repay
- Need-based awards that you do not have to repay
- Need-based, federally funded loans that you repay at below-market interest rates, plus private bank loans if you don’t qualify for federal loans
- Need-based job placements on campus
- Financial Incentives
- Financial incentives are special programs available at the University of Houston that help students balance course hours and the cost of tuition over time while still encouraging them to make the most of their educational experience.
- Summer Aid
- Available if you are enrolled at least half-time and have remaining aid that was NOT used during the fall and spring semesters.
- Spring Aid
- Available if you are enrolled at least half-time and have remaining aid that was NOT used during the fall semester.