Assistant Professor of Spanish
Office: 450 AH
- Ph.D. Spanish – Tulane University (2004)
- M.A. in Spanish – Tulane University (1999)
- B.A. in Spanish and Latin American Studies – Tulane University (1996)
Teaching and Research Interests
- U.S.-Latino/a Studies
- U.S.-Mexico Border Studies
- Contemporary Mexican Literature and Culture
- Latin American Cinema
- Mexican Cinema
- Mexican And Chicano/a Cultural Studies
- Mexican Transnationalism
- Mexican Cinema
- Survey of Spanish American Literature II
- Contemporary Latin American Migration and Exile
- Introduction to Hispanic Literature
- US Hispanic Culture and Civilization
- Oral Communication in Spanish
- Spanish for Heritage Learners I
- “Toward a Transnational Reading of Ramón “Tianguis” Pérez’s Diario de un mojado.” Aztlán 34.1 (2009): 13-34.
- “Luis Alberto Urrea” and “Ramón ‘Tianguis’ Pérez.” The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Latino Literature Volume 2. Ed. Nicolás Kanellos. Westport: Greenwood Press.
- “Revista Generación: Regionalism and Migration in Tijuana and Chicago.” Latino Studies 5 (2007) 439–454.
- Co-authored with Teresa Soufas, et. al. "Playing with Saint Isabel: Drama from the Pen of an Unknown Adolescent."Recovering Spain’s Feminist Tradition, Ed. Lisa Vollendorf, Modern Language Association, 2001.
- “On the Outskirts of Mexico: María Novaro’s El jardín del edén.” Cinema Tropical (Newsletter). July-August 2001.
- Latin American Studies Association (LASA)
- Modern Language Association (MLA)
- Phi Beta Delta
- Society for Cinema and Media Studies (SCMS)
- The Society for the Study of the Multi-Ethnic Literature of the United States (MELUS)