Director of Behavioral Neuroscience Lab
Developmental, Cognitive, & Behavioral Neuroscience
Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin
Heyne Building, Room 231D
- Exercise-driven neuroplasticity
- Alcohol-induced brain damage
- Neural consequences of pediatric radiotherapy
- Hippocampal neurogenesis
- PSYC 3341: Physiological Psychology
- PSYC 4354: Brain and Behavior
- PSYC 6343: Behavioral Psychopharmacology
- PSYC 6397: Functional Neuroanatomy
- PSYC 7342: Biological Bases of Behavior
Behavioral Neuroscience Lab
Maynard ME, Chung C, Comer A, Nelson K, Tran J, Werries N, Barton E & Leasure JL (2016) Ambient temperature influences the neural benefits of exercise. Behavioural Brain Research, 299:27-31.
Leasure JL, Neighbors C, Henderson CE & Young CM (2015) Exercise and alcohol consum-ption: what we know, what we need to know and why it is important. Frontiers in Psychiatry 6: Article 156, doi: 10.3389.
Leasure JL & Neighbors C (2014) Impulsivity moderates the association between physical activity and alcohol consumption. Alcohol, 48(4):361-366.
Maynard ME & Leasure JL (2013) Exercise enhances hippocampal recovery following binge ethanol exposure. PLoS One, 8(9):e76644.
Rodgers SP, Trevino M, Zawaski JA, Gaber MW & Leasure JL (2013) Neurogenesis, exercise and cognitive late effects of pediatric radiotherapy. Neural Plasticity, 2013:698528.