The College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences (CLASS) is the heart of the University, dedicated to spurring intellectual curiosity, creativity, and transformative education. Encompassing humanities, social sciences, and health sciences, CLASS is truly a mosaic of disciplines that broaden perspectives, inspire potential, and advance possibilities yet unimagined.
Dr. Antonio Tillis, new CLASS Dean, to begin February 1
The appointment of Dr. Antonio Tillis as new dean of UH’s largest college was finalized during the most recent University of Houston System Board of Regents meeting. He is slated to begin his role on February 1.
Dr. Tillis joins CLASS from the College of Charleston where he is professor of Hispanic studies and dean of the School of Languages, Cultures and World Affairs. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Spanish from Vanderbilt University, a master’s in Spanish literature from Howard University, and a Ph.D. in Latin American literature with an Afro-Hispanic emphasis from the University of Missouri.
CLASS looks forward to welcoming him to our college and to the University of Houston.
CLASS MEDIA MENTIONS
- TribTalk Brandon Rottinghaus, Political Science
- Houston Public Media Malachi Crawford, African American Studies
- Houston Chronicle Christiane Spitzmuller, Psychology
- YouTube Xiaoping Cong, History
- Houston Chronicle Bill Gilmer, Economics
- Star-Telegram Brandon Rottinghaus, Political Science
- U.S.News Brandon Rottinghaus, Political Science
- Market Watch Scott Basinger, Political Science