College Welcomes Dzwonek to Newly Established Assistant Dean for Assessment and Accreditation Post
August 30 — The University of Houston College of Pharmacy recently welcomed Brian Dzwonek, Ed.D., as the college's first assistant dean for assessment and accreditation.
His responsibilities include the design, development and implementation of strategies, tools, and processes to assess student academic performance, faculty teaching effectiveness, course effectiveness, and overall effectiveness of the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) program in compliance with the college’s Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) accreditation.
Dzwonek earned a bachelor’s degree in biology from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. He earned a Master of Education degree from South Dakota State University and a Doctor of Education degree from the University of South Dakota.
After completing his doctoral degree, Dzwonek served as the associate director, educational services at the Sanford School of Medicine at the University of South Dakota. Dzwonek was accountable for the early roll-out phase of a new medical school curriculum at Duke-National University of Singapore Graduate Medical School Singapore, delivered exclusively using team-based learning.
As the associate dean for Medical Education at the Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine, he addressed Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) probationary status through leadership in curricular and instructional development, program evaluation, student assessment, and faculty development.
Prior to his current role, he served as the assistant dean for assessment and quality improvement at the University of Houston Tilman J. Fertitta Family College of Medicine. In this role, he was responsible for program evaluation, educational assessment, and quality improvement for the medical education program, core competencies and LCME accreditation standards.
UHCOP was the first college at UH to receive national accreditation, with its accreditation status remaining uninterrupted since it was first awarded in 1950.