Assistant Professor, Structural Geology, Tectonics and Mantle Structure
Ph.D., Geology, Royal Holloway University of London, UK
Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Office: SR1 233
- Global plate tectonics, subduction zones and mantle structure
- Asia tectonics
- 4D structural reconstructions
- Analog sandbox modeling of fault systems
- Basin analysis & petroleum geoscience
- GEOL7332 Tectonic Interpretation of Seismic Tomography
- GEOL3340 Geological Field Methods
- GEOL4386 Petroleum Geoscience for Petroleum Engineers
- GEOL1330 Physical Geology
(* = advised graduate student)
- Lin, Y.A.*, Colli, L., Wu, J., Schubert, B., accepted. Where are the proto-South China Sea slabs? SE Asian plate tectonics and mantle flow history from global mantle convection modeling, Journal of Geophysical Research Solid Earth.
- Fuston, S.*, Wu, J., in press, Raising the Resurrection plate from an unfolded-slab plate tectonic reconstruction of northwestern North America since early Cenozoic time, GSA Bulletin, https://doi.org/10.1130/B35677.1
- Wu, J., McClay, K.R., De Vera, J. 2020. Growth of triangle zone fold-thrusts within the NW Borneo deepwater fold belt, offshore Sabah, southern South China Sea. Geosphere, https://doi.org/10.1130/GES02106.1
- Li, L. and Chen, Y-W.*, Zheng, Y., Hu, H., Wu, J., 2019. Seismic Evidence for Plume-Slab Interaction by High-resolution Imaging of the 410-km Discontinuity Under Tonga, Geophysical Research Letters, 46, 13687-13694. https://doi.org/10.1029/2019GL084164
- Wu, J.T-S.*, Wu, J., 2019. Izanagi-Pacific ridge subduction revealed by a 56 to 46 Ma magmatic gap along the NE Asian margin, Geology, 47, 10, 953-957. https://doi.org/10.1130/G46778.1
- Amonpantang, P.*, Bedle, H., Wu, J., 2019, Multi-attribute analysis for channel element discrimination in the Taranaki basin, New Zealand, SEG Interpretation, 7, 2 SBi-T563. doi: 1190/int-2018-0174.1.
- Chen, Y.-W.*, Wu, J., Suppe, J., 2019, Southward propagation of Nazca subduction along the Andes, Nature, 565, 441-447, doi: 1038/s41586-018-0860-1
- Wu, J., Suppe, J., 2018, Proto-South China Sea plate tectonics using subducted slab constraints from tomography, Journal of Earth Science, 29, 6, 1304-1318, doi: 1007/s12583-017-0813-x.
- Wu, J.E., Suppe, J., Lu, R.Q., Kanda, R.V.S., 2016, Philippine Sea and East Asian plate tectonics since 52 Ma constrained by new subducted slab reconstruction methods, Journal of Geophysical Research, Solid Earth, 121, 6, 4670-4741, doi: 1002/2016JB012923.
- Wu, J.E., McClay, K.R., Frankowicz, E., 2015, Niger Delta gravity-driven deformation above the relict Chain and Charcot oceanic fracture zones, Gulf of Guinea: insights from analogue models, Marine and Petroleum Geology, 65, 43-62, doi: 1016/j.marpetgeo.2015.03.008.