Instruction for Moores School of Music students in the four divisions of: Piano, Strings, Voice, Winds/Brass/Percussion.
Moores School Symphony Orchestra 2020 Virtual Concerto Competition
Franz Anton Krager, Director of Orchestras; Myles Nardinger, Orchestra General Manager
Grand Prize $1,000* (Presented in addition to the Division Prize)
Audience Choice $500 (Chosen from the Division finalists)
Division Winners $750; Honorable Mention $250
Grand Prize Judges
Competition Award Underwriters
- Grand Prize Award, $1000: Mary Ann and Robert Wilkins
- Division Winner Award, Piano, $750: Gary Hollingsworth and Ken Hyde
- Division Winner Award, Voice, $750: Ellen and Alan Holzberg
- Division Winner Award, Strings, $750: A Friend of the Moores Society
- Division Winner Award, Winds/Brass/Percussion, $750: Jane and Dick Schmitt
- Audience Choice Award, $500: Joint contribution by Jo Dee Wright and Ann Ayre
Grand Prize Judges Underwriters
- John Mangum, ED/CEO, Houston Symphony: Jackie and Malcolm Mazow
- Vadym Kholodenko, pianist: Jo Dee Wright
- Ana María Martínez: Debbie Feuer
- Yoonshin Song: Debbie Feuer
Ann Ayre, Darlene Clark, Linda Katz, Shirley Rose, Donna Shen
Division round: Each division will be judged by a panel of MSM faculty composed of two (2) appropriate division faculty and one (1) non-applied faculty member. The judges are tasked with selecting a Division Winner, who will advance to the final round. An Honorable Mention prize may also be awarded.
Final Round: The final round will be judged by an external panel of five (5) distinguished individuals in the music industry (performers, teachers, critics, managers, etc.). One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be chosen. An Audience Choice Prize will also be awarded by viewers of the livestream broadcast.