Minors - University of Houston
Skip to main content
The Moores School of Music offers music minors to non-music majors. All courses to be applied to the minor, including transfer courses, must be approved by the Moores School of Music. Students wishing to obtain more information about how to declare either the Music Literature Minor or Music Theory Minor should contact academic advising.
  • Close up of person playing xylophone

    Music Literature/History

    Requires lower division courses in aural skills, music theory, music history, and musical techniques, and then allows the student to choose advance coursework in music history and literature.

  • Music Theory

    Requires courses in aural skills, music theory and musical techniques and allows the student to choose an advanced coursework in music theory.