Skip to main content


  • What is public policy?

    Public policy encompasses principles, laws, regulatory measures, courses of action and/or priorities created by a governmental body. The underlying values and outcomes of public policy not only exist in traditional government, whether local, national or international, but also in private companies, nonprofit organizations and community-based organizations. A public policy degree is designed to empower students to have the tools and skills necessary for understanding and shaping public policy.
  • What kind of jobs can I get with a BA/BS Public Policy degree?

  • What is the difference between a Bachelor of Arts (BA) and Bachelor of Science (BS)?

  • How many hours are needed to complete the BA/BS Public Policy program?

  • How do I apply for the BA/BS Public Policy program?

  • What are the application deadlines for the BA/BS Public Policy program?

  • Does the Hobby School have an undergraduate minor?

  • What are the application fees for the BA/BS Public Policy program?

  • What semesters offer admission to the BA/BS Public Policy program?

  • How much does the BA/BS Public Policy program cost?

  • What scholarships and other financial aid is offered?

  • Is the BA/BS Public Policy program offered online?

  • When are BA/BS Public Policy program classes held?

  • What and when is the process for registering for classes as an incoming or current student?

  • What is the process for dropping classes?

  • Where do I find deadlines for adding classes, dropping classes, applying to graduate, and other important enrollment and registration items?

  • How do I set up an academic advising appointment if I'm a current student?

  • How can I view my personalized degree plan?

  • How do I change my major, add BA/BS Public Policy as a double major, or add Public Leadership as a minor if I'm a current UH student?

  • Can the BA/BS Public Policy/Master of Public Policy Accelerated Pathway Program be used to satisfy the college requirement of needing at least one of the following options - double major; minor; certification; or dual degree?

  • Can I transfer courses from another school?

  • How do I petition for transfer credit to count towards a different course?

  • What is the process for graduation and commencement?

  • What are the requirements to graduate with honors?

  • Where can I go if I need additional academic assistance and tutoring?

  • Who should I contact if I have any questions about the BA/BS Public Policy program?

  • Where are Bates Building/Bates Law and Teaching Unit 2 located (Hobby School's current administrative office and classroom locations)?