- Highly disruptive behavior (verbal hostility, aggression, and failure to comply with corrective feedback)
- Inability to communicate clearly (garbled, pressured speech; disorganized, confused or rambling thoughts)
- Loss of contact with reality (seeing or hearing things that others cannot see or hear; irrational beliefs or fears that others may be conspiring against them)
- Stalking behaviors and inappropriate communications (including threatening letters, e-mail messages; harassment)
- Suicidal thoughts and/or threats to harm others (may be communicated orally or in written formats through e-mail, assignments, or on a social network)
Need Support Now?
If you or someone you know is struggling or in crisis, help is available. Call CAPS crisis support 24/7 at 713-743-5454, or for the National Suicide and Crisis Lifeline call or text 988, or chat online at https://988lifeline.org/chat/.