Professor’s comparative analysis goes ‘Beyond English’
Leading by Example
The Write Stuff
Have the Conversation: Mental Health Expert Says Suicide Prevention Starts with Talking
Meet francine j harris
CLASS Communication Disorders Scholar Examining Brains of Stroke Survivors
First Study of Its Kind Links Moms’ Problems to Adolescent Attachment
Sep 30 10:00 am
Library Resources for Faculty - Course Reserves
Guest Speakers from the Library to share information about Course Reserves and the resources provided by the library services for all CLASS faculty.
Oct 04 4:00 pm
Book launch: Pratik Chakrabarti, Inscriptions of Nature: Geology and the Naturalization of Antiquity
A book launch of Professor Pratik Chakrabarti’s new book, Inscriptions of Nature.
Oct 12 11:00 am
We Were Always Here: A Conversation with Journalist Ricardo Chavira
Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Ricardo Chavira speaks about his experiences navigating and reporting stories around the world that are detailed in his memoir, We Were Always Here.
Oct 14 12:00 pm
COMD Master’s Program Open House
We would like prospective students, COMD alumni, and any others that are interested in learning about the master’s program in communication sciences and disorders to view our space, research labs, and clinic. Anyone interested the speech-language pathology is welcome.
Oct 25 1:00 pm
Fintech’s Prehistories: Colonial Pensions in India and Imagining Future States
The talk explores how modern fintech has its roots in British colonial financial technologies, particularly in colonial pensions in India.
Oct 27 1:00 pm
Soviet Industrialization in Visual Media
A lecture on Soviet industrialization in visual media by Dr. Volodymyr Kulikov (UT Austin).
Oct 29 12:00 am
Join fellow Coogs for food, fun and festivities before UH takes on South Florida for the Homecoming game at this tailgate co-hosted by the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, College of Education, and Honors College at the University of Houston.
CLASS MEDIA MENTIONS
1836 Project’s Pamphlet to Promote a ‘Patriotic’ Version of Texas History Airbrushes Oppression and Poverty, Experts SayRaúl A. Ramos, Ph.D., Department of History
- Defender Network Aswad Walker, Ph.D., Department of African American Studies
- ABC 13 Nicolás Kanellos, Ph.D., Brown Foundation Professor of Hispanic Studies, Director of Arte Público Press
- Houston Chronicle Jeronimo Cortina, Ph.D., Department of Political Science
- Vox Media Jeronimo Cortina, Ph.D., Department of Political Science
- Houston Chronicle Nicolás Kanellos, Ph.D., Brown Foundation Professor of Hispanic Studies, Director of Arte Público Press
- Austin American-Statesman Gabriela Baeza Ventura, Ph.D., Department of Hispanic Studies
- The Texas Tribune Jennifer Hayes Clark, Ph.D., Department of Political Science
- The Texas Tribune Jeronimo Cortina, Ph.D., Department of Political Science
- Houston Chronicle Brandon Rottinghaus, Ph.D., Department of Political Science
- FOX 26 Houston Trevor Buffone, Ph.D., Women's, Gender & Sexuality Studies
Charli and Dixie D’Amelio Turned TikTok Fame Into a Billionaire-Backed Personal Brand That Hinges on Their Personal LivesTrevor Buffone, Ph.D., Women's, Gender & Sexuality Studies
- Inside Research Allison Archer, Ph.D., Department of Political Science and Jack J. Valenti School of Communication
Facts & Figures
- 2,000Course Offerings
- 688Faculty Members
- 70+Degree Offerings
- 14Academic Departments