Cougar Chairs Leadership Academy
- To cultivate leadership talent on the UH campus, including sitting chairs and future departmental leaders
- To develop specific leadership skills and expertise that will engender student success by scaffolding faculty achievement
- Seminars on critical areas of transformational leadership identified in research literature
- Individualized leadership talent plan through reflective practice and journaling
- Mentorships utilizing field-tested coaching methodology with monthly communications
- Problem-based learning targeting real issues confronting the UH community
- Sustainability of leadership academy through collaborative instruction
- Multi-pronged needs assessment of faculty: an action plan (September, 2013)
- Development of curricula and instructional methods (October-December, 2013)
- First cohort of 27: seminars, coaching, mentoring, structured interactions, problem-based work (January , February, March, April, August, September, October, November, December, 2014)
- Formative evaluation after each seminar; summative evaluation (January, 2015)
- Second cohort of about 30 launches and expends campus leadership network (January, 2015)
Download a copy of the 2015 CCLA Brochure.
Learn more about the CCLA Nomination Package.