Electrical group ensures reliable operation of high voltage and building electrical systems on campus. Following is a summary of equipment/systems maintained and tasks performed:
- Ensure reliable operation of Cougar substation and all campus high-voltage electrical power distribution systems.
- Maintain building electrical equipment associated with heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems including building pumps and air handling units.
- Maintain interior lighting systems and receptacles.
- Maintain emergency generator systems.
- Perform electrical maintenance on all tunnels, walkways, street lights and parking lot lights.
- Assist with issues related to electrical systems and with drawing reviews to ensure compliance with National Electrical Code and Life Safety codes.
- Small projects power and branch circuit installations and estimating.
- Lamp recycle
- Special event support Graduations, sports, community functions, etc.