The purpose of the data science minor is to infuse computational thinking into every discipline, going beyond technical skills, and using data science as a way to provide students with the knowledge of data analysis, critical thinking, and analytical solutions design.
This minor will be available starting Fall 2019. It is not available to computer science majors or computer science minors.
- Coursework (15 hours total)
- COSC 1306 – Computer Science & Programming
- COSC 2306 – Data Programming
- COSC 3337 – Data Science I
- COSC 4337 – Data Science II
- Three (3) hours of approved advanced level (3000- or 4000-) data science related course. A student must submit an Undergraduate General Petition to the NSM undergraduate advising center requesting to use a course towards this requirement. Questions about applicable courses can be directed to the COSC Director of Undergraduate Studies.
- All course prerequisites are strictly enforced
- Minimum 2.0 minor GPA to graduate with the minor
Eligiblity to Declare the Data Science Minor
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA at UH.
- Minimum 2.5 combined MATH and COSC GPA at UH.