MATH Tutoring - Center for Academic Support and Assessment (CASA)
The CASA Tutoring Center offers tutoring to all students enrolled in undergraduate mathematics courses. Students can seek one-on-one tutoring for help with homework and exams preparation for their math classes. Students can also use the workstation with more than 35 computers to access course materials, watch streaming lectures, or take their weekly online quizzes.
PHYS Tutoring - Physics Learning Center
The Learning Center offers a way for UH students to get help with physics concepts and homework problems from physics tutors for PHYS 1301, 1302, 1321, 1322, 1305, and 1306. Physics tutors are NOT there to do homework for students or to merely give answers to problems. Rather, they are there to help students understand the material, enabling them to answer homework and exam questions by themselves. Students should come to the Learning Center prepared by attending classes and reading over the assigned material.
LAUNCH—Learning Advancements for UNdergraduate Cougars of Houston
- Tutoring (multiple subjects)
- Learning Strategies Counseling
- Success Workshops (e.g. time management, test anxiety, goal setting, and much more!)
STEM Career Video Series - advice from our alumni covering multiple topics to assist in student success. Below are the topics covered.
- The first C, beware of the “I have this” attitude as an entering freshmen, cramming, using the TAs and study groups
- Sitching majors, networking
- Family support, finances, time management, the first F
- Rural high school with a class of 11 versus the 300 person lecture hall, valedictorian but failed first class and how to recover
- Changing majors
- Failing the first exam and recovery
- Importance of student activities and leadership experiences
- Paying for school yourself and dealing with parent illness